Business Development Leader – Aftermarket Opening At Cummings Incorporated
Cummins Incorporated is a $18 billion, Fortune 200 company and the world’s largest independent producer and distributor of diesel engines and related components. Our continued success globally is predicated on the capability and extent of our product range, our commitment to new technology and the quality of our people.
Cummins Incorporated is recruiting to fill the position below:
Business Development Leader – Aftermarket
To generate and maintain revenue within the Aftermarket Business across the territory, working with the Heads of Departments and Branch Managers to ensure customer requirements and expectations are met.
- Profit and loss statement accountability for Aftermarket sales and achieving annual AOP across the AFM departments including Branches.
- To maximise sales, revenue and profitability of our product and service offerings to ensure branch targets are met on a monthly basis.
- Review existing customer base and proactively seek opportunities to develop business by introducing and selling the benefits of new and existing products and services. In conjunction with the General Manager develop account plans to ensure profitable business growth.
- Lead, manage and motivate Aftermarket Sales employees including recruitment, control and discipline in accordance with company procedures and in conjunction with the HR department.
- Regular (daily, weekly & monthly) reviews of team performance, activities and customer enquiries and sales to ensure performance targets are being met.
- Ensure improvement/development plans are in place for all Aftermarket sales employees.
- Key Responsibilities: (Include relevant responsibility for quality as per Cummins Quality Policy).
- Develop and implement marketing and sales strategies for the development and growth of new and existing aftermarket sales in the Cummins West Africa territory.
- Provide monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts to General Manager – Aftermarket.
- Produce monthly reports of sales team activities including target customers, call plans, marketing initiatives and lost sales reports.
- To identify and secure new business opportunities for all Aftermarket sections throughout Nigeria.
- To develop Key Account Management Plans for designated customers ensuring plans are documented and worked to by all parties involved.
- Liaise with Commercial Sales, Projects, internal departments and BU’s to achieve company and customer requirements.
- Develop and implement Customer Communication Plan in order to promote the company’s products and services through seminars, presentations, exhibition attendance and customer visits.
- Develop, implement and maintain customer databases for customers, consultants, projects, suppliers and also develop customer profiling.
- Develop customer support plans for Top 20 customers with CSP’s implemented and recorded
- Monitor trends, specific issues relating to Aftermarket business activities, market opportunities, competitive activity, that may affect the Cummins West Africa business.
- Develop and maintain strategic business relationships, using Cummins values, with key stakeholders across the Cummins organisation.
- In conjunction with the Quickserve Champion promote the implantation and ongoing performance improvement of the Quickserve Process within Aftermarket operations and our customers.
- Be a leader in embracing Cummins Vision/Mission while exemplifying the Cummins personality, performance ethics and core values.
- Extensive business travel in Cummins West Africa territories.
- Other duties / responsibilities determined by the General Manager Aftermarket.
Required Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of Cummins Diesel & Gas engines and Power Generation products and services.
- Strong service and technical background.
- Proven man management skills.
- Customer management experience.
- Minimum of 3 years Commercial Sales and Marketing experience with a proven track record, preferably in a similar or related. industry environment.
- Strong negotiating and communication skills.
- Drive, Enthusiasm and a commitment to succeed in a team environment is essential.
- Formal Qualification in Mechanical Engineering or similar – Essential
- Management qualifications – Essential
- MBA – Preferred
Method of Application
Click here for more vacances at Cummings Incorporated