First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank) is Nigeria’s largest financial services institution by total assets and gross earnings. With more than 10 million customer accounts, FirstBank has over 750 branches providing a comprehensive range of retail and corporate financial services. The Bank has international presence through its subsidiaries, FBN Bank (UK) Limited in London and Paris, FBNBank DRC, FBNBank Ghana, FBNBank Gambia, FBNBank Guinea, FBNBank Sierra-Leone and FBNBank Senegal, as well as its Representative Offices in Johannesburg, Beijing and Abu Dhabi.
Business Development Officer (China Desk)
Requisition ID: 1700000O
Location: Head Office, Lagos
Job Code: STR/ITBG/0143
Job: FBN GEN
Job Type: Full-time
- The ideal candidate will be responsible for the growth of the Bank’s share of Chinese businesses by aggressively converting referrals from the China Representative Office, the Nigeria Business Units as well as the Anglophone subsidiaries.
Specific responsibilities will also include:
- Provide advisory services to First Bank Nigerian and Anglophone Customers seeking to do business in China.
- Serve as link (transaction liaison) between Beijing Rep. Office and FBN Headquarters and other subsidiaries.
- Provide banking services to Chinese companies based in Nigeria and other Anglophone subsidiaries, taking into consideration, the Chinese culture.
- Collate commercial information for Nigeria, Ghana, Sierra Leone, and Gambia as well as for Beijing Rep. Office.
- A good First Degree in Economics/Finance/Accounting or any other discipline from a reputable school.
- Post graduate qualification/professional certification will be an advantage.
- Minimum of 4 years relevant experience with at least 2 years in business development in corporate business. Experience in Corporate Banking and/or Commercial Banking will be an advantage.
- Nationality: Chinese preferred.