Career At PolioPlus Nigeria
An international NGO wishes to recruit, on a contract basis, (2) Field Coordinators to plan, direct, supervise and technically support its social mobilization activities in support of the Government’s polio eradication efforts, in Nigeria.
Project Field Coordinators
Duties of the Project Field Coordinators will include:
- Plan and implement all organization supported activities
- Participate in all polio related meetings in the zone
- Work in close cooperation with the zone and ensure that the Task Force and Social Mobilization Working Group meetings take place regularly and all important actions are taken.
- Make sure right information is collected and used for decision making.
- Motivate local religious leaders and clerics.
- Work with traditional leaders and other partners (especially UNICEF and WHO) to ensure that funds and logistics are available in time the micro-plans are completed, correct vaccinator teams are deployed and ensure missed children/areas covered.
- Maintain regular communication with the Country Director an-d the focal manager for the zone. Seek their help to solve problems.
- Selected candidate should be a graduate, with at least three years’ experience working on a health/development project.
- S/he should have proven advocacy, communication and management skills to work with local officials and community leaders.
- S/he speaks the predominant language, be willing to live in the state assigned arid be able to travel extensively within the zone.
- Having an automobile would be an added asset.
Method of Application
Applicants should apply with their full CVs by E-mail to: email@example.com Not later than August 27th, 2014. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.