Career Opportunity at Equal Access (EA)
Equal Access (EA) is an international not for profit organization working throughout Asia, Africa and the Middle East. A communications for social change organization that combines the power of media with community mobilization, Equal Access creates customized communications strategies and outreach solutions that foster peace building and social cohesion, women & girls’ empowerment, youth life skills & livelihoods, human rights, health, as well as civic participation and good governance. EA has launched AREWA24, a Hausa-language free-to-air satellite television channel (on NILESAT 102, Frequency 12226) locally produced by and for northern Nigerians and fully dedicated to the people, cultures, and values of northern Nigeria and the Hausa-speaking sub-region.
Freelance TV/Film Editor
The Freelance TV/Film editor will be responsible for assembling recorded raw material into a finished product suitable for broadcasting. The material will consist of camera footage, dialogue, sound effects, graphics and special effects. This is a key role in the post-production process and the editor’s skill can determine the quality and delivery of the final product. The freelance TV/Film editor will be part of a team and will usually work closely with the director to achieve the desired end result. The freelance TV/Film editor is expected to demonstrate creative freedom in performing work using digital technology; he/she should also be able to use computer software to perform high-quality digitization of sound and pictures. Specific duties include;
- receiving a brief, and an outline of footage and/or a shot list, script, or screenplay;
- assembling all raw footage, with camera shots either recorded or transferred in storage device in preparation for inputting into the computer;
- digitally put together the sequence of film and deciding what is usable;
- re-ordering and tweaking the content to ensure the logical sequencing and smooth running of the film/video.
- consulting with the director and producer throughout the post-production process;
- familiarizing with the style of specific directors;
- selecting the most effective shot of a scene in terms of drama, story relevance or continuity.
- Any other duty as assigned by supervisor
Knowledge, skills and qualities
- Education (SSCE, OND, HND, B.Sc., recognized technical certifications) in Media and Communication or related field
- Essential knowledge of FCPX (Final cut pro X)
- Excellent communication skills in English and Hausa
- Good practical skills and knowledge of digital equipment/computer
- The ability to carry out instructions accurately and with attention to detail
- Calmness under pressure
- Patience and concentration
Method of Application
CV to be submitted to [email protected]
The subject of applicant’s email should contain the statement “FREELANCE TV/FILM EDITOR”
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATION IS 20 FEBRUARY 2015