Career Opportunity At Organization Of The Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC)
Statistical Systems Analyst
Within the Research Division, the Data Services Department collects, retrieves and provides statistical data as support to the research and analytical studies in the other RD Departments and other activities of the Secretariat. The Department also develops up-to-date IT applications and database systems, and provides specialized relevant documents and references. The Department thus has the responsibility of a central, timely provider of reliable up-to-date data, documentation and information pertaining to oil markets in particular and energy markets and related issues in general as well as rendering IT development services.
Objectives of the Post:
To carry out statistical activities, identifying, collecting, storing and retrieving statistical data for the Secretariat and providing statistical assistance to researchers in the Secretariat; to carry out statistical research in energy, oil and economics related projects and other tasks relating to the Group.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Develops, organizes activities relating to statistical data support and analysis within the Group.
2. Collaborates with the Department’s staff in compiling and analyzing statistical data as reported by Member Countries and secondary sources.
3. Collaborates with the Department’s staff in maintaining and updating the statistical database of the Secretariat.
4. Collaborates with the Department’s staff, as well as the staff of other Departments in the Secretariat, to generate and improve the statistical data reporting by the Secretariat.
5. Maintains and develops networking with other national organizations to improve the quality of statistics data in the Secretariat.
6. Assists Statistical Systems Coordinator in matters referring to the Statistical Data Services.
7. Carries out any other tasks assigned by the relevant superiors as pertain to his/her background, qualifications and position.
Required Competencies & Qualifications:
Education: University degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Operational Research or Economics.
Experience: University degree: 8 years.
Specialized Training: Statistical methods and analysis, Econometrics, database queries and data mining, relational databases, design principles (ER-Modeling, Data Flow Diagram), extraction and transformation tools, application software: Excel, Access, Oracle, B20/20,PL/SQL, IT skills (Internet, Networking, FTP, TCP/IP), oil industry operations, firm knowledge in the area of energy with specific expertise in the oil sector.
Communication, analytical, presentation, interpersonal, customer service orientation, initiative and integrity.
Good command of written and spoken English.
Status and Benefits:
Members of the Secretariat are international employees whose responsibilities are not national but exclusively international. In carrying out their functions they have to demonstrate the personal qualities expected of international employees such as integrity, independence and impartiality.
The post is at grade E reporting to the Statistical Systems Coordinator. The compensation package, including expatriate benefits, is commensurate with the level of the post.
Applicants must be nationals of Member Countries of OPEC and should not be older than 58 years.
In order for applications to be considered, they must reach the OPEC Secretariat through the relevant Governor not later than 1 August 2014