Category Manager BTL and POS Recruitment at Guinness Nigeria Plc
We are Guinness Nigeria, member of Diageo Plc the world’s leading premium drinks business with an unrivalled collection of beverage alcohol & non-alcohol brands across the Spirits, Wine & Beer categories.
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks business with an outstanding collection of beverage alcohol brands across spirits, beer and wine. We are continuously interested in talented individuals who want to progress their careers and make a difference to our business.
We are recruiting to fill the following position:
Job Title: Category Manager BTL and POS
Level: L5 – M1
Reports To: Portfolio Manager – Demand & Indirect, Guinness Nigeria Plc
As Guinness Nigeria plc undertakes the journey of a new Diageo market, the Procurement Function within Guinness Nigeria is clearly recognised as being a key enabler for our Company to achieve its Mission to become the most celebrated business in Nigeria
Purpose of Role
Responsible for the development of stretching category strategies that clearly deliver our Procurement Functional Value agenda of Assure, Protect and Create for all areas of below the line, Consumer planning and research.
To support the design and implementation of Brand strategies in order to Partner with brand teams on the delivery and achievement of business goals through excellent execution of brand’s experiential marketing strategies & plans.
Top 3-5 Accountabilities
This role will closely support the Portfolio Managers and Head of Procurement in driving the Procurement agenda, acting as a key member of the team by leading the team’s robust application of key category management tools such as the Diageo Way of Category Management DWOCM, supply chain analysis and business needs analysis
Assist the Portfolio Managers and Head of Procurement to form, coach and develop Guinness Nigeria Procurement into a high performing team, by enhancing local Procurement capability in all aspects of best-in-class Procurement skills – Strategy development, Contract management, Industry/Economic/Supplier Analysis, Value chain mapping, etc
Supporting the Function’s control and risk agenda, – including Control and Risk management CARM, International Financial Reporting Standards IFRS, Supplier Failure Risk Management SFRM
- Lead and sponsor cross functional initiatives to implement marketing campaigns for consumers and influencers
- Lead the Win at retail cross functional team to deliver Guinness Nigeria visibility programmes across bars and trade channels
Programming & Barter Deals
- Partner with brand teams to develop brand-building Programming options.
- Work with Below The Line BTL Agencies to secure best plans and rates for experiential activations.
- Develop and agree Agency (Sales promotion, experiential, trade audit) Work Plans and partner with Legal to develop Agency Contracts.
- Champion compliance of Diageo Marketing Code with the Sales promotion, experiential and trade audit Agencies.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Relevant Degree and demonstrable ability to learn and develop.
- Minimum of 7 years commercial experience, Specialist Media Planning & Buying experience gained in a “blue chip” organization
- Strong Negotiation Skills
- Minimum of 3 years Procurement experience is essential covering all procurement imperatives (quality, service, cost, risk, growth support, innovation)
- Analytical and numerical skills
- Ability to take commercial insights and translate into Media Planning & Buying opportunities
- Experience in advertising, marketing, and sales spend activities.
Barriers to Success in Role
- Ineffective communication skills and/or inability to present output clearly and cogently, to confidently and articulately present complex business cases and optionsInability to challenge the status quo and/or influence peers & senior stakeholders and to take the initiative on research and analysis topics
- Inability to think strategically, lack of general commercial awareness
- Lack of personal mental resilience in challenging working environments or lack of mobility
- Unable to self-motivate and effectively manage / prioritise own workload
- Unable to forge the strong working relationships needed inside and outside the team
- Weak IT skills base
Application Closing Date
16th April, 2014
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here and apply online