Chief Chemist At Adexen Recruitment Agency – Oil&Gas
Adexen Recruitment Agency is mandated by a fully integrated and efficient downstream player with leading positions in the oil and gas industry to recruit a Chief Chemist for its operations in Nigeria
Our client is a fully integrated and efficient downstream player with leading positions in the oil and gas industry.
- Manage all activities of the laboratory
- Develop and implement quality assessment plan
- Ensure all statutory test analysis are carried out within the stipulated time frames.
- Drive reduction in turnaround time without compromising test quality
- Ensure accurate and complete documentation of all laboratory testing and analysis
- Ensure routine daily test analysis are carried out before commencement of operations or daily loading for onward distribution
- Ensure proper housekeeping in the laboratory work area
- Initiate, supervise and manage Quality Control and Assurance processes across the company facilities including Lube Manufacturing Plant, Fuels and Aviation Terminals
- Develop and maintain systems to measure performance against established standards.
- Ensure that all products received and produced meet company specifications; undertake quality checks and prepare release and other appropriate documentation and reports
- Liaise with third party inspectors and regulatory authorities on product recertification
- Prepare quality control reports and documents for management as required
- Communicate, implement and monitor new product quality standards and ensure that up-to-date laboratory test methods and processes are in use
- Lead and manage the laboratory team and its activities
- Facilitate team development; manage performance
- Liaise and co-operate with quality management and standard bodies (e.g SON, DPR and other Government agencies etc)
- Liaise with regulatory bodies of the industry in review, amendments etc of Nigeria Industrial Standards on products and services including but not limited to lubricants and fuels
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or a related field. A postgraduate degree would be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 8years petroleum testing laboratory experience using standard testing procedures and specifications
- Experience in production formulation and advisory
- Knowledge of laboratory techniques; test and sampling procedures; handling and maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Knowledge of various petroleum products and their characteristics; ability to interpret results of petroleum analysis; lubricant formulation and additive technology
- SAP (Quality management, production planning module) knowledge
- Quality Assurance & Control
- Laboratory Safety Practices
- Interpersonal and communication skills