Sustineo Magnus Limited – Since our corporate existence, we have traded primarily in non-exchange traded commodities such as Shea Nuts, Shea Butter, Cashew Nuts, Tubers, Ethnic Foods and Vegetables, etc
We are is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Chief Operating Officer (COO) (Expatriate Position Only)
Location: North Central Nigeria
Grade: General Manager
Directly Reports To: President/ Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
- The COO is expected to be experienced in the Edible Oil and Oil-Seeds industry. The COO will oversee our company’s phenomenal transformational growth objective.
- At the center of this growth objective is the setup of our 70,000 metric tons per year multi-oil seeds processing factory. The incumbent will report directly to the President/CEO of the company and will anchor amongst other responsibilities:
- Development and design of new factory layout to ensure efficiency
- Development of go to market strategy for the company’s wholesale and retail business units
- Execution of the company’s functional and tactical plans
- Overall management of human resources
- The COO role is a key member of the senior management team, reporting only to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The COO will maintain control of our diverse business operations, so we expect the incumbent to be an experienced and efficient leader.
- The COO must have relevant technical skills, excellent people skills, business acumen and exemplary work ethics. The overarching goal of this COO position is to secure the functionality of the business to drive setup and sustainable growth.
- The candidate should have the following skills in the oil mill project planning and set up.
- Define the scope of the setup project in collaboration with senior management
- Selection of the machinery and placing order on different suppliers in consultation with the senior management
- Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project
- Determine the resources (time, finance, equipment, etc) required to complete the project
- Develop a schedule for project completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities
- Review the project schedule with senior management and all other staff that will be affected by the project activities; revise the schedule as required
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
Human Resource Management:
- In consultation with the senior management, interview and select staff with appropriate skills for the project activities and running of the plant operations after plant commissioning.
- Manage project staff according to the established policies and practices of the organization
- Ensure that all project personnel receive an appropriate orientation to the organization and the project
- Contract qualified consultants to work on the project as appropriate
- Execute the project according to the project plan
- Develop forms and records to document project activities
- Set up files to ensure that all project information is appropriately documented and secured
- Monitor the progress of the project and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project
- Review the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards
- Write periodic reports on the project for management
- Monitor and approve all budgeted project expenditures
- Monitor cash flow projections and report actual cash flow and variance to senior management on a regular basis.
- Ensure that all financial records for the project are up to date
Business Performance Management:
- Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality
- Evaluate the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase
Post Factory Commissioning:
- Design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures
- Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth
- Establish policies that promote company culture and vision
- Oversee daily operations of the company and the work of executives (Procurement, Production, Import-Export, Sales, etc.)
- Lead employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication
- Evaluate performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
- Write and submit reports to the CEO in all matters of importance
- Assist CEO in fundraising ventures as may be required
- Participate in expansion activities (investments, acquisitions, corporate alliances etc.)
- Manage relationships with partners/vendors
- Executive Management
- All SBUs
- All relevant stakeholders
- All relevant stakeholders
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in any discipline. Any of Engineering, Science and Technology or Oil mill Technology disciplines is preferred
- An MBA and other business-related post-graduate qualifications will be an advantage
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
- 15 to 20 years experience in execution of projects in Food industry, preferably in edible oils and specialty fat.
- More work experience in the West African oil seeds processing and exports sector will be of great advantage.
- Previous experience with startup is highly desirable.
- Excellent knowledge of factory operations also highly desirable.
- Good knowledge of the agro commodities markets and the edible oil and speciality fat industry
- Excellent understanding of edible oil mills and refineries operations
- Strong raw materials sourcing skills
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and team building skills
- High moral and ethical values
- Good oral communication and writing skills
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- Negotiation skills
- Must have high level of emotional intelligence and diplomacy
- Must be a team leader and be able to inspire colleagues
- Extended work hours, weekend work and travel may be required
Highly attractive and competitive
Application Closing Date
3rd November, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online