Christian Aid (CA) is a UK-based international NGO, partnering with others to end poverty in Africa. At the heart of this vision is the transformation of the lives of people who live in poverty, empowering them to have a brighter future. Christian Aid works in more than 30 countries and has been operating in Nigeria since 2003. The Nigeria Country programme focuses on Community Health and HIV, Accountable Governance including humanitarian response and Gender.
Christian Aid Nigeria is looking to recruit suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill Positions for the implementation of its humanitarian response project in Borno, which will contribute to providing life-saving food and WASH assistance to IDPs in the newly liberated local government areas in Borno state, North East Nigeria.
The roles provide excellent opportunity for enthusiastic professionals who will support CA partnerships and humanitarian response programmes.
Job Title: Food Security and Livelihood State Coordinator
JOB ID (1034)
About the role
The role holder will be based in Borno field office with frequent trips to project communities in Borno and other Northeast states (Gombe and Adamawa )
The role holder will support Christian Aid’s response to the humanitarian crisis in Nigeria with special focus on the Food Security and Livelihood sector interventions. She/he will support Christian Aid’s funded programmes which are implemented by Christian Aid’s partners in the Borno and other northeast states. The role holder will assist in the development, implementation and monitoring of Christian Aid’s Food Security & Livelihood humanitarian response, providing effective and timely support (including capacity building) to partner organisations, enabling them to implement the rapid, effective and principled FSL response to emergencies, and ensuring that this is in line with Christian Aid’s country strategy and Humanitarian Standards. The role holder will be representing CAID in sector working groups meetings/activities and engage in the right networks, while increasing the profile of CA humanitarian and resilience work and its visibility in the region.
- The post holders must have a 1st degree in Social science or B.SC in Agriculture-plant science/environmental science/rural development and related fields with at least 3 years’ experience of working in humanitarian response with local and/or international partner organisations.
- You must have at least 3 years humanitarian response experience in Food Security and Livelihood, Cash transfer programming and/or WASH.
- You should have basic project management skills, good knowledge of working with faith and community based institutions and civil society organizations in Nigeria with a good understanding of gender-sensitive programme.
- It will be desirable for you to have a substantial knowledge of supporting programmes and programme staff in international/national and local agencies as well as strong report writing, analytical and documentation skills.
- You are required to have good interpersonal, organisational and communication skill.
- This role requires applicants to have the right to work in the country where this position is based.
- We value diversity and aspire to reflect this in its workforce. We welcome applications from people from all sections of the community, irrespective of race, colour, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
- You can expect a wide range of rewards and benefits, and flexibility that will ensure you enjoy a good work/life balance.
As part of your application you will be asked to demonstrate your suitability by giving answers to the following questions:
Give an example of a time where you evaluated your own work and actively addressed gaps in knowledge and skills with being prompted to.
Give an example of a time where you made timely and considered recommendations or decisions based on analysis of available data, information and evidence.
Give an example of a time where you set and communicated realistic timelines for achieving tasks, working out how best to adapt as priorities change or unforeseen circumstances arise.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply