CIB Compliance Manager at Stanbic IBTC
- To ensure that all CIB Compliance issues are properly identified, tracked and effectively managed.
- To provide necessary support to the business in respect of compliance issues.
- To maintain and develop a thorough understanding of the relevant rules and regulations applicable to CIB Business units.
- To maintain and develop a thorough understanding of the relevant requirements and policies applicable to the CIB business, thereby facilitating the establishment of a compliance culture.
- To guide members of the CIB business to act with integrity, competence, diligence, respect and in an ethical manner in dealing with all clients.
- To ensure Compliance with relevant Anti-Money Laundering and Combating the Financing of Terrorist (AML/CFT) legislations and related activities.
- To ensure effective monitoring of all regulatory returns across the CIB businesses to ensure that such returns are rendered as and when due.
- Conducting research (international & local) to keep abreast of current compliance and AML/CFT issues.
- Develop strong working relationships with the CIB Business units.
- Provide assistance and advice on compliance issues e.g. new business, new products, new regulatory initiatives and AML/CFT.
- Provide guidance on compliance requirements.
- Monitor Personal Account Trading (PAT) within the CIB Business units and investigate potential problem areas/trades.
- Assist the CIB Business units with resolution of compliance audit issues.
- Conduct monitoring exercises in CIB Business units.
- Review and approve requests for employees to gain access to areas behind “Chinese Walls”/ cross “Chinese Walls” for a specific deal
- Assist as and when required, in the development, drafting and updating of procedures/processes/policies and related training programmes/manuals and the delivery of training that is tailored to the CIB Business unit needs.
- Monitor effectively the level of compliance with policies such as Market Abuse Policy, Conflict of Interest Policy, Gift and Entertainment Policy, Outside Business Interest (OBI) Policy, Conflicts of Interest, etc.
- Keep abreast with the Stanbic IBTC/Standard Bank AML operations, standards and controls.
- Assist with the review of developed training material pertaining to AML/ CFT.
- Attend to relevant projects or reviews and give input and perform allocated tasks in terms of all projects concerning Compliance/AML/CFT.
- Assist in providing AML/CFT support to Operational areas to ensure effective implementation of controls and processes.
- Assist in compliance measures and determine appropriate remedial action plans (including, where necessary, timeframes and responsibilities).
Key performance measure
- Ensure all new products and businesses are taken through the product approval process (NPC).
- Ensure that all new regulatory and or compliance initiatives are communicated to relevant CIB business units.
- Identify deficiencies in AML/CFT control measures and determine appropriate remedial action plans (timeframes and responsibilities) with the management of the affected area.
- Ensure effective and timely “Wall Crossing” of employees within the CIB business.
- Timely review of Compliance policies, standards, manuals, including gap analysis of regulatory requirements.
- Timely rollout of Compliance Risk Management Plans (CRMPs) and effective monitoring of legislations and regulations in line with agreed timelines.
- Ensure proactive engagement and timely review of new product papers.
- Assist the CIB Compliance Manager to prepare training slides and make necessary arrangement to provide excellent training experience.
- Co-ordinate and provide input into all AML/CFT initiatives.
- Contribute to the AML/CFT framework.
- Ensure necessary development and retention of AML/CFT related documentation/procedures/policies/manuals.
- Assist and advice on the process to identify and monitor PEPs and other targeted high-risk persons and entities.
- Actively promote, on an ongoing basis a culture of Compliance within the CIB Business units.