Coating Technician Needed At RusselSmith – Offshore
A career at RusselSmith offers you growth and a chance to make a difference. Throughout our history, we have continued to help our employees realize their dreams, whilst creating opportunities for them to fulfill their personal and professional potential.
COATING TECHNICIAN (PAINTER/BLASTER/SPRAYER)
• Prepares, primes, sands, seals, patches and paints furniture, surfaces, buildings, and fixtures utilizing all types of painting materials such as varnish, lacquer, shellac, enamel, latex, epoxy, water-proofing and heat resistant finishes.
• Tapes, flushes, repairs and applies texturing, wallpaper, and acoustic layers on a variety of surfaces.
• Utilize mixing equipment and pumps to transfer mixes into spray guns.
• Applies several coats for certain products including anti-corrosive material to automobiles and varnish to furniture before finishing with coats of paint
• Adjusts colors when necessary; utilizes enhanced finishing skills when appropriate.
• Applies materials to new construction, existing, multi-story buildings, alterations, and remodeling.
• Graffiti response and removal using a variety of available products and soda blasting.
• Operates, cleans and maintains all painting equipment, including brush, roll, sprayers and electrostatic sprayers, pumps, etc.
• Safely stores and labels all materials.
• Maintains and repairs soda blasting compressor and accessories.
• Estimates time and materials required; keeps computerized records and submits reports of work performed.
• Erects scaffolding, rigging and ladders as necessary in a manner consistent with safety codes.
• Reads and understands blueprints.
• Offers assistance and advice on materials, designs, and color.
• Monitor valves and gauges during coating machine operation to eliminate defects. Adjust spray flow, air circulation and temperature.
• Assists in the writing of specifications for repairs and new construction.
• Maintains appropriate service and repair records.
• Responds to routine and emergency calls for repairs and service.
• May train and direct the work of other classified staff in the area.
• Perform other duties or tasks as assigned or required.
• Wide knowledge and vast experience in blasting, coating and spraying
• Valid BOSIET or HUET Offshore Certification
• Full UKOOA Medical
• 6 – 10years offshore experience is desirable.
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Committed to delivering a timely and professional service to clients.
• Rope access certification (IF REQUIRED)
• Experience in painting operations in an Offshore Environment
• Communication and interpersonal skills
• Good housekeeping standards
• Strong safety skills
Basic Certificate in Painting
Physical demands of the job
Must be able to perform physical activities, such as, but not limited to, lifting equipment (up to 50 lbs unassisted), bending, standing, climbing or walking.
Must be able to safely use manual tools and power equipment common in the construction trades and offshore environment.
Must be able to handle hazardous materials safely and tolerate exposure to electrical hazards
Good reasoning ability is required to solve a wide range of operational problems.
The job is performed outdoors.