1. JOB SUMMARY
The Commercial Analyst at Oando Energy Resources will report to the Asset Development Managers to ensure the commercial viability of all the assets according to Industry and Company specific benchmarks.
2. SPECIFIC DUTIES
– Monitor dynamic Business environment and recommend changes to processes when necessary to ensure continued profitability of commercial arrangements in the Assets.
– Support commercial decision-making across E&P assets relating to commercial inputs into, and negotiations of commercial agreements, pricing, operationalization of contracts, etc.
– Processing of crude entitlement, representation at curtailments and application for Exports, Crude lifting permits.
– Prepare and Present comprehensive cost analysis (historical and projected) benchmarked against industry and internal corporate goals.
– Provide synthesis, insight, and practical implications within tight deadlines, via end products in the form of models, single exhibits, written summaries and basic fact packs
– Maintain database & benchmarks for $/bbl UTC- unit technical costs, UDC- unit development Costs & UOC, Unit Operating costs.
– Ensure that agreements/contracts are adequately reflecting the company’s interests and as such will have input in these documents.
– Maintain Database of asset information
– Participate in multi-disciplinary teams through the interface with a wide scale of geotechnical and business support functions.
– Serve as a thought partner, leveraging internal and external networks, to engage in team problem solving, share evolving business trends and best practices, and contribute to knowledge creation initiatives.
– Other duties as assigned.
3. KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
– Quality, comprehensiveness, timeliness and accuracy of data provided for analysis.
– Quality and depth of analysis and usefulness of recommendations proffered.
– Accuracy and timeliness of documents prepared.
– Effectiveness of analytical support provided.
– Levels of adherence to policies, processes and procedures.
4. QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
– 1st degree in the numerate Science-based disciplines, Engineering, Business/Economics, Mathematics, Finance or other relevant fields from a reputable University.
– MBA or Accounting/Financial Designations would be an added advantage
– 2 – 5yrs relevant experience e.g. Business Development, Financial Analysis or Asset Management.
– Ability to work under pressure and with minimal supervision.
– Excellent Presentation/Communication Skills
– Talented, and with a strong interest in Business.
– Thorough understanding of petroleum economics.
– Proven competencies in using Microsoft Office Suite.
5. KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
– Strong analytical skills.
– Networking & Relationship Management.
– Business performance monitoring and reporting.
– Initiative and a keen/acute sense of judgment, decisiveness and self-discipline.
– Creativity and innovation.
– Team playing.
– Oral and written communication.
– Basic understanding of Global and Nigerian Oil & Gas Industry Dynamics.