Reporting to the Finance & Business Controls Manager, the role will be responsible for the collection, analysis and reporting of sales related data in an on-going effort to increase overall sales productivity. He/she will oversee the development and tracking of key performance indicators that are critical to improved decision making and understanding of the business. The role will have oversight responsibility for up-to-date capturing, collation, documentation, presentation and reporting of data and information on all selling activities of the commercial team in the division and with special project focus on the expanded retail coverage team. Specific responsibilities will include to:
A. Financial Acumen
1. Prepare pricing analysis across all internal and external brands to achieve a competitive strategy to support the total business objective.
2. Build and present financial models to offer valuable insights into a better understanding of marketing and market facing investment spend across the business (in varying levels of detail)
3. Provide brand margin analysis on a monthly basis
4. Manage marketing spend against budget, and understand cost variances
5. Provide consumer promotions pre and post reviews
6. Manage appointed agency to develop a database which can be queried for customized management reports such as National Consumer Activities Categorization; Trade Channels and its characteristics and their distribution /service requirements
7. Provide financial information and P&L analysis support for marketing promotions and competitor analysis
8. Follow through with all stakeholders to ensure that all prizes are redeemed as at when due
9. Ensure that pre/post promotion evaluations/appraisals are carried out on all promotions
10. Support commercial initiatives to drive improved business profitability – core range implementation, pricing, innovation launches
11. Detailed financial analysis of product changes and costing potential new SKUs
12. Prepare and review innovation financials (for launches and post implementation reviews) and partner with Brand Managers to ensure assumptions are very robust and actuals accurate
13. Provide financial training to the marketing and innovations team on ad hoc basis
14. Prepare the monthly brand performance analysis to the Leadership Team with detailed commentaries, incorporating charts to help present the information
B. Retail/Trade Acumen
1. Contribute to the formulation and implementation of the retail strategy for assigned area.
2. Manage the sales force in assigned area to deliver value to the customer at the right time, place, quality and quantity.
3. Manage customer service activities and capability development to optimize and sustain sales performance and customer satisfaction in the assigned area.
4. Ensure that all stores in the assigned retail environment adhere to compliance requirements in all areas of operational activities, company policies and procedures
5. Clearly communicate sales targets and retail execution objectives to Reps and Merchandisers so that they remain well informed of their required contributions.
6. Achieve stock control targets in line with company guidelines.
7. Identify underperforming stores and develop a business plan to address and manage the critical issues effectively.
8. Ensure that the visual presentation of all stores represents the brand image
9. Support the delivery of all marketing campaigns in assigned area
10. Seek and continuously develop knowledge of competitor activity and local market conditions, with the purpose of making appropriate and innovative recommendations to drive retail development.
11. Effectively manage the performance and development of store managers to drive and maximize sales performance throughout the area,
12. Create a positive environment that results in a stable retention of sales team members.
Skill set • A good first degree, preferably in Business Admin, Accounting or a Finance related discipline from a reputable institution
• Possession of relevant professional qualification – ACA, ACCA or CIMA
• At least, seven (7) years relevant business experience and ability to use SAP ERP systems and knowledge of IFRS accounting standards
• Good understanding of financial analysis, evaluation and management of marketing investment
• Demonstrated ability in collaborative work style and relationship management both internally and externally
• Proven people management skills, strategic planning, decision making and analytical skills