eHealth Systems Africa require the services of a Community Health Trainer
Summary: The Community Health Trainer delivers high quality, comprehensive trainings to Community Health Workers (CHWs) and Community Health Leaders and ensures that trainings are dynamic and engaging. Oversees all aspect of conduct and provides relevant training support to key stakeholders. S/he evaluates training products/modules and revises accordingly. Assists in the analysis of clinical data and health indicators.
Job Title: Community Health Trainer
Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops, executes and monitors the Community Health Worker (CHW) training programs. Conducts trainings for CHW, Local Government Area (LGA) leaders, and other community members. Ensures trainings are dynamic and engages the target audience. Uses participant feedback to continually improve training programs.
- Provides program information to the partners/clients by preparing and presenting press releases, conducting media campaigns, and / or maintaining program-related web sites (or providing content to the web sites).
- Assists with developing, preparing and coordinating grant applications and grant-related activities to obtain funding for health education programs and related work.
- Prepares and distributes health education materials, including reports, bulletins, and visual aids such as films, videotapes, photographs, and posters.
- Collaborates with health specialists and civic groups to determine community health needs and the availability of services and to develop goals for meeting needs.
- Maintains databases, mailing lists, telephone networks, and other information to facilitate the functioning of health education programs.
- Develops and maintains health education libraries to provide resources for staff and community agencies.
- Performs any other duties assigned by Management.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by following procedures, rules and regulations.
- Ensures compliance with laws and regulations.
- May frequently travel between company worksites.
- Presents a professional demeanor at all times. Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Accepts responsibility for own actions. Follows through on commitments.
- Is consistently at work and on time.
- Participates in and promotes a positive, supportive, cooperative team environment.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, training classes and supervision.
- Adheres to Policies and Procedures.
- Adheres to eHealth Africa Code of Conduct as well as ethical standards of the field.
- Develops training materials and reference guides in English and Hausa in accordance with specific standard operating guidelines that are culturally appropriate and technically sound. Translates/ transcribes all training materials and participants’ feedback.
- Evaluates and revises the effectiveness of trainings using several means, including direct feedback, and other data tools.
- Plans and facilitates partner/client meetings as needed. Leads internal partner/client teleconferences and/or meetings and presents project information at project review meetings.
- Ensures timely communication and appropriate project information is disseminated to the project team, vendors and partners/clients.
- Conducts trainings for CHWs around various health facilities/sites on the detection, diagnosis and treatment of common illnesses.
- Works closely with the project team, partners/clients and relevant stakeholders. Contributes to the projects’ management plans which includes tracking key milestones, timeline costs and resources, monitoring, communication, recruitment and retention plans.
- Ensures operational plans are developed consistent with program needs and strategies, including but not limited to, the development of communication plans, training plans and timelines. Monitors project progress compared to established plans and ensures compliance with plans.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to successfully perform this job.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree from college or university with an emphasis in Public Health, Healthcare, Project Management or any related field is required.
- Minimum of three years prior experience in related industry, preferably within healthcare, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Relevant experience in developing and facilitating health training programs. Significant and advanced health training delivery experience may substitute for the Master’s degree.
- Must possess exemplary interpersonal and communication skills. Must possess good problem solving and organization skills. Ability to work independently and in a team. Action oriented and resilient in a fast-paced environment. Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and deliver within tight timelines while being flexible in adapting to new roles.
Certifications and Licenses
A Project Management (PMI) certification is preferred
First Aid and Health & Safety qualifications desirable
Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite, (including Excel).
Proficiency working within specialized software is preferred
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations
- Reasoning Ability
- Ability to interpret data that is not well defined or documented and develop recommendations based on findings.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- English is the spoken and written language. Spoken and written fluency in Hausa is required.
- Ability to read, analyse, proof and edit documents, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees and the general public.
Method of Application
To apply for this position,