Completions And Workover Superintendent Services At Deep Blue Energy Services Limited
Deep Blue Energy Services Limited (DBESL) is a resource and solution management company that specializes in assisting international/Local companies in identifying Potential market opportunities, assisting with permits, sourcing highly skilled employees, bidding on and negotiating contracts and navigating the often complex political and policy environment of many sub Saharan African countries. The senior management and staff of DBESL have more than twenty years (20 years) experience in successfully operating in the Sub-Saharan African market, during which we have created innovative, user friendly solutions that have opened up new markets and increased the profitability of our clients. We provide a one-stop solutions shop to challenges experienced by our clients including the following:
- Structuring of partnerships and relationships between local companies and foreign/technical partners,
- Assistance with permits, business development and understanding of contracting terms and and conditions, as well as sourcing for human resource personnel,
- providing training/capacity development required to operate within best business practice, even in tough business environments.
Completions and Workover Superintendent Services
About this job
• Completions & Work over operations onshore and offshore
• Write the completion installation program and End of well report (EOWR).
• Provide additional support as may be required during the project execution phase.
• Provide Completion Operations expertise to Project Realisation Process (value assurance), through peer reviews and technical challenge sessions.
• Responsible for equipment management and orders
• Develop a data base for each field
• Responsible for providing comprehensive and onsite support to completion/work over operations in accordance to the company rules.
• Important working with Well performance and reservoir department
• Demonstrate a personal commitment to Health, Safety and the Environment, by adhering to:
– Local Statutory Health, Safety & Environmental Regulations
– Corporate Health, Safety & Environment Policy, and applying Safety Management Systems.
• Review HSE risk acceptance criteria and specific emergency preparedness requirements for completions projects and update as required.
• Maintain an overview of all non-conformances, which have arisen with regard to specific completion projects
• Review the preparation of the HSE case for any assign completion project.
• Investigate and report on-site incidents and non-conformances where assigned.
• Follow up the well specific HSE plan during the operations.
• Participate to regular well service and stimulation unit inspections with contractor and act on the results of these.
• Ensure QA/QC commitments from services companies are applied.
• Perform QHSE audit of service companies in accordance to the company rules.
• Lead and optimise the design of the completions starting from the conceptual design and supervise the installation of the final design following the client’s company rules. Write standard completions and work over instruction, initial completion & work over programs and End of well report (EOWR).
• Serve as technical lead for call for tender process for completions/work over contracts including Hiring of light work over rigs (rig equipment specifications/selection and rig acceptance).
• Manage actively completions/work over contracts and the timely procurement of completions Materials.
• Work with Reservoir & Production Engineers, Geologists, Petro physicists, Drilling Engineers and Drilling Fluid specialists, to develop depletion, perforation and completion strategies for wells.
• Supervise the preparation of well completions/work over sub-assemblies in the contractor’s base.
• Give adequate technical directions and managerial support for in-progress operations on the rig.
• Manage the operations on light rigs dedicated to completions/work over operations as the direct Report of company man on the rig.
• Identify completion risk and risk management.
• Conduct look-backs and debriefing as appropriate.
• Perform technical audit in services companies.
• Prepare and continuously update the internal “Completion/Work over Know-how document”.
• Diagnose and recommend appropriate work over and/or intervention programs for existing completions.
• Plan, coordinate and supervise other onshore and offshore well intervention operations including pressure surveys, fishing, perforations, CBL/VDL logging, sand clean-out, TTBPs, water shut-off, etc.
• Prepare well servicing operations.
• Interface with different asset group when necessary.
• Maintain an effective relationship with completion design and implementation specialists.
• Have a regular contact with service companies to discuss and implement programmes and investigate new applicable technologies
• Review all job/service tickets concerning completion and work over activity and verify if they are in compliance with contractual requirements and quote proposals.
• Request various quotations before to issue Material or Service request.
• Look for best services versus Cost.
• Liaise with Completions & Well Interventions Manager on all aspects of the completion and work over activities
• Port Harcourt, Nigeria
• Rotational: 4*4
SERVICES PERSONNEL Profile:
• Experience with and knowledge of slickline and well intervention operations (CTU, snubbing, stimulation pumping) is very important.
• Knowledgeable with various completion techniques (Reservoir Wellbore Interface-sand control, hydraulic fracturing, water shut –off techniques, smart completion, etc.)
• IWCF certified in advanced well intervention pressure control (Wire line, Coiled Tubing & Snubbing).
• Minimum of 12-15 years experience on the design and installation of various types of well completions.
• Extensive experience in drilling and completions activities onshore, offshore (including Reservoir well bore interface, mud design, formation damage, horizontal wells techniques, HP-HT/ complex wells, Wire line, Coiled tubing, etc).
• Posses knowledge and usage of the following (or related) petroleum engineering software: WELLCAT, STRESS CHECK, WELLVIEW, etc.
• Excellent communication skills in English.
• Knowledge of French would be an advantage.
• Trainings / Certifications: Must possess current IWCF, BOSIET or SAS / HUET (as a minimum) & Medical certifications.