Compliance Analyst – Finance Vacancy At Weatherford – Oil & Gas
Weatherford is one of the largest diversified upstream oilfield service companies in the world. Our global network includes more than 67,000 people, 1000 service bases, 87 manufacturing facilities, and 16 technology and training centers in more than 100 countries.
Our products and services span the lifecycle of a well, including drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention. The Company’s range of production-enabling technologies include evaluation services, directional drilling services, controlled pressure drilling (CPD®) systems, cased hole completion systems, expandable technologies, intelligent completion technologies, production optimization systems and all major forms of artificial lift.
Compliance Analyst – Finance
Job Title: Compliance Analyst
Job Location: Port Harcourt, Nigeria
Business Unit: Business Support Services- Finance
- Responsible for planning and executing work relating to Sarbanes Oxley (Sox) compliance, Internal Audit and other reviews.
- Also responsible for process improvement and reengineering within the Finance Team.
- This position will have extensive interactions with other departments, including the Corporate Office, the Nigeria management team, and other WFT entities
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implement and maintain the WFT Corporate SOx compliance processes in the Country.
- Plan and execute the performance of work relating to compliance reviews.
- Provide guidance to process owners in executing controls identified in business processes.
- Ensure all business functions understand and comply with business policies, procedures and controls.
- Develop and maintain internal control policies and procedures.
- Distribute SOX flowcharts and communicate any updates made to the flowcharts to the relevant key control owners.
- Request evidence of the control execution within a timely manner from the key control owners.
- Review all key control evidence collected to ensure proper execution and documentation
- Maintain files with key control execution evidence.
- Design and prepare materials focusing on key business risks and emerging risks for the Controller.
- Coordinate and assume accountability for specific segments of audits/projects
- Prepare and submit reports on the results of audits; recommend improvements in policies and procedures where applicable. Identify processes that require improvement or reengineering.
- Maintain regular communication with Internal Audit and Corporate Compliance related to SOx control execution status and other reviews.
- Submit key control execution evidence to Internal Audit on a regular basis.
- Prepare timely responses to Internal Audit inquires.
- Coordinate Internal and External Audit work and requests relating to reviews and testing of processes.
- Act as a liaison between Internal Audit and the Business Unit.
- Carry out any other duties that may be required from time to time, at the direction of the Controller.
- Minimum 5 years industry experience in similar environment.
- Knowledge/experience of Sarbanes Oxley and other SEC requirements.
- Big 4 experience
- Experienced in US GAAP and IFRS accounting.
- Ability to handle large volumes of information and reports.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexible and adaptable to fast-moving changes.
- Ability to use initiative, judgment and work with minimum supervision.
- Must be proactive, and continually looking for improvements and efficiencies in the business and within the F&A function.
- Strong knowledge and experience in accounting practice and theory
Only nationals for this location will be considered
See more vacancies at Weatherford here