Construction Project Manager Via Fosad Consulting
Construction Project Manager
Our client, a non-banking financial service institution is hiring highly intelligent, young and dynamic professionals with integrity for the position of a Project Manager who will execute very challenging projects in a timely manner and under project budget.
Job Objectives: To ensure projects are delivered within budget and scheduled commitments whilst delivering quality solutions for Cornerstone Insurance plc.
Internal: All employees
External: Consultants, Service Providers, Contractors, Architects, Site Engineers
- Delivers on project within time and budget using prescribed project control mechanisms.
- Provides the leadership and energy necessary to motivate staff and achieve project goals.
- Establishes project scope and schedules between management, project committee, technical teams (process owners) and project team members.
- Communicates effectively with management, project committee and technical teams (process owners).
- Leads regularly scheduled project huddles and meetings, including kick off and close-out.
- Leads the development of reports, analyses and project presentations.
- Ensures the quality of project deliverables.
- Supervises project team members.
- Ensures project delivery processes and procedures are followed.
- Coordinates project resources to meet Cornerstone’s needs.
- Ensures that defined project schedule and deliverables are completed in a timely fashion.
- Delivers project deliverables in compliance with Cornerstone’s quality control procedures and guidelines.
- Prepares Programme and project schedules in up to date Project software/application.
- Coach new project managers and junior staff.
- Maintain an audit trail of project activities.
- Preparing the site and liaising with other construction professionals such as architects, engineers, buyers, estimators and surveyors before construction work start.
- Developing the programme of work and strategy for making the project happen.
- Planning ahead to prevent problems on site before they occur, for example, planning the delivery and storage of equipment and materials.
- Making safety inspections of the site when work is underway and ensuring regulations relating to health safety and the environment (HSE) are adhered to.
- Overseeing the running of several projects.
- Using effective and credible means in construction to plan smooth work flows.
Education / Qualification
- B.SC in any field or B. Eng Engineering
- 6 – 7 years Project Management (in Building and/or Construction) experience.
- Some experience in Business Management.
- Insurance industry experiences an added advantage.
Competencies and Skills
- Understanding the customer
- Communication skills
- Management of Information
- IT skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Presentation skills
- Relationship Management
- Project Management skills
Applicants who do not qualify with the above criteria need not apply as only successful candidates will be contacted.