Oaklands and Johnson, is an Experiential Marketing Company that has created innovative solutions in Africa for over 13 years. We are an Agency that employs a no frills ideation process in organizing simple thinking together in a beautiful creative space in sunny Lagos. With a recently opened office in Accra, we are maximizing the tropical energy in the West Coast of Africa to generate marketing ideas for brands that find Africa a fascinating market.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Copywriter
- Advertising copywriters generally work alongside an art Director within the creative department of an advertising, media or full-service agency.
- They work with client briefs to conceive, develop and produce effective advertising campaigns.
- Liaising with clients and interpreting their briefs;
- Familiarizing themselves with their clients’ products and services, the target audience and their competitors’ activities;
- Writing clear and original copy;
- Updating digital media;
- Proofreading copy to check spelling and grammar;
- Amending, revising or redeveloping adverts or campaigns in response to feedback from the creative director, account team or clients;
- Developing creative ideas and concepts, often in partnership with the art director;
- Presenting ideas to colleagues and clients;
- Overseeing campaigns through the production stage to completion;
- Working on several campaigns at once, sometimes under pressure and often to tight deadlines;
- Casting actors for TV and radio jingles, and listening to voice tapes;
- Liaising with production companies, photographers, typographers, designers and printers;
- Keeping up to date with trends;
- Monitoring the effectiveness of advertising campaigns.
- B.A in English, Journalism, Communication, Media Studies, Advertising, or Public Relations or at least minimum 2 years work experience in an advertising agency
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines;
- Confidence, enthusiasm and determination;
- Accuracy and attention to detail;
- Commercial awareness with the ability to understand the target audience;
- An interest in popular culture, new trends and styles;
- Good research skills;
- The ability to write good, clear copy in a variety of styles with accurate spelling and grammar;
- Excellent teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Logic, creativity and imagination;
- Good proofreading skills.
- Must demonstrate sound work ethics
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: [email protected] Using “Copy Writer” as subject of the mail.
Application Deadline: 18th August, 2017.