Current Job Placements at Hobark International, Inc
The Hobark group provides manpower, offers drilling, consultancy services and provides logistic support. We also offer catering services, procurement of manufacturing equipment, and construction equipment for the Oil & Gas industries.
Hobark International, Inc is recruiting for the following position:
FLOATING UNIT INTEGRITY LEAD ENGINEER
Good Knowledge of Inspection techniques and inspection management tools, – Good knowledge of International & Nigerian Marine Regulations (IMO, SOLAS, NIMASA etc), – Good knowledge of Classification Society’s Rules for the maintenance of CLASS.,
The job holder shall within the frame work of an integrated Project team during Construction, preparation and start-up phase be responsible to:
– Check that the design, construction, installation and commissioning are compliant with the FU integrity management system (FUIMS).
– Follow up and monitor the Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Control (QC) of the FPSO hull construction with a particular focus on steel quality and fabrication (welding) procedures and tests.
– Participate in the development of the FU Integrity Strategy
– Assist the project discipline managers in implementing the defined FU integrity management strategy
– Ensure that all elements necessary for the implementation of the FUIMS are delivered as part of the Project and ready for use at start-up stage.
– Participate to the preparation and technical review of the Hull Inspection Plan for the first Class Term (0-5 yrs) and ensure it is adequate and ready for use before start up.
– Advise Field Operations Management and Discipline managers on major FU integrity issues.
– Prepare for the formal hand-over of FPSO regarding national and international ship registration certificates, classification, punch lists and action plans for FUIMS items.
– Maintain documentations pertaining to the Floating Units Integrity Management System
– Act as Field Operations liaison with Classification Society during construction phase
– Participate to the testing/certification of equipment under CLASS and review punch list items
Follow the commissioning activities of all Floating Unit monitoring/Classed items
– Attend PTR as required during design/construction regarding topics affecting floating unit integrity
– Verify the Technical records of all Class items and ensure that they are recorded in the Plant asset registers, uploaded in CMIMS with the relevant inspection plan
– Follow up the documentation and registration of the FPSO Classed Items in VERISTAR
– Follow up the post installation survey for mooring systems, Subsea Systems etc and properly record their post-installation status
– Responsible for maintaining the FPSO Classification and Certifications. He is the technical contact with the Classification Society and to this aim shall:
– Maintain FPSO Classification files onshore (copy of certificates, survey report, records, class status,)
– Maintain the documentation pertaining to the Floating Units Integrity Management System (FUIMS)
– Monitor the status and ensure timely renewal of all statutory ship certificates
– Follow up Class remarks and implement in the computerized management system (CMIMS) with survey result, non-conformities, test reports etc as relevant
– Provide the Classification Society with all requested documentation.
– Follow-up the Class Status and accordingly request/schedule required Class surveys
– Analyze the FU monitoring data analysis and establishes and updates KPI for the FU.
– Reassess inspection periodicity in CMIMS according to Class recommendations
– Determine whether any modification or repair will affect a classed system/equipment and ensure that the Class requirements are adhered (plan approval, equipment certification, etc.)
– Define procedures to be followed in case of intervention which may affect the classification of the FPSO.
– Monitor and report on the status of the FU integrity and the status of the FUIMS.
– Closely Liaise with the key personnel (MOM, Hull Chief Engineer, MTMC, HSE etc) for the coordination and implementation of the Floating Unit Integrity Management Strategy
– Be the focal point for technical discussions and reporting with the Head Office FU integrity Surveillance Team (FUIST) and seek their input for resolution of any major FU integrity issues.
– Centralize and follow up FUIST recommendations, REX and information from other affiliates relevant to FU Integrity for implementation as relevant.
– Prepare the Yearly FU Integrity Report and organize the Yearly FU Integrity Assessment.
– Establish and follow-up the Hull inspection plan including a detailed inventory of all measuring points to be implemented: These shall be based on Company’s Referential, Classification rules and regulatory requirements (where applicable), taking into consideration the operation, age, installation history, baseline inspection results etc. Particular attention should be paid to inspections to be performed by regulatory authorities or third parties with regards to Emergency Response Service (ERS) and emergency preparedness.
– Ensure that the documentation, procedures, drawings and communication channels with class society are readily available in case of an emergency affecting FPSO stability and shall ensure that the ERS contract with the Classification society is maintained and tested in line with Company’s referential.
Education: Degree in Mechanical, Marine or Materials Engineering with emphasis in mechanics, materials, metallurgy and corrosion.
Professional experience: 5 to 10 years in operations, maintenance or inspection of which minimum 3 years experience in floating units (FPSO/FPU/FSO/Ships)
– Good Knowledge of Inspection techniques and inspection management tools
– Good knowledge of International & Nigerian Marine Regulations (IMO, SOLAS, NIMASA etc)
– Good knowledge of Classification Society’s Rules for the maintenance of CLASS.
– Knowledge of Oil and Gas production process
– Language: Fluent in English with French an advantage
UFR Senior Planning & Reporting Engineer
Project Planning and Reporting Experience, Very good knowledge of Project Planning practices, Very good knowledge of PRIMAVERA (version 6)
• Consolidate, control and coordinate all planning and progress measurement activities related to the package scope
• Ensure that all package activities are correctly planned and performed throughout the whole project duration in
accordance with the initial plan.
• Focus on the package schedule and identify at all times any area of concern (critical path, clashes, early start, interfaces).
• Ensure availability at all times of updated and accurate package scheduling, planning and progress reporting
• Handle package reporting to the central organization.
In particular the job holder will
• Update the package work breakdown structure
• Elaborate, update and revise the package schedule.
• Elaborate and revise the package planning & progress measurement procedures and documents.
• Follow closely the activities of the contractor planning engineer(s).
• Monitor closely the contractor’s execution schedule and progress reports.
• Check and comment on the contractor’s procedures, schedules and methodology.
• Provide assistance to the Package Manager and Project Control Leader for all matters related to the planning &
progress reporting as well as analyses and simulations of new schedules.
• Participate in reviews and technical audits on planning & progress activities.
• Provide detailed and accurate monthly progress reporting to be incorporated into the monthly project report.
• Prepare weekly and monthly package reports and handle their distribution.
• Collaborate with Package Cost controller for validating progress and milestones used in Contractor monthly invoice.
• Assist Planning Leader for integration of Work Package schedule into overall project integrated schedule
CONTEXT & ENVIRONMENT
- The work will be carried in Nigeria with contractors working in various locations inside and potentially outside Nigeria.
- The job holder will be resident at the main contractor office during the detailed engineering and construction phases.
The job holder is accountable for implementing the planning and progress control procedure to the Package including
preparing, monitoring, updating and re-forecasting the planning schedules and the progress S-curves.
- Very good knowledge of Project Planning practices
- Very good knowledge of PRIMAVERA (version 6)
- At least 10 years experience in large oil & gas projects with strong technical, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Excellent command of written and spoken English; good communication skills
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.