Current Job Vacancy at GE
GE (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works. For more information, visit the company’s website at www.ge.com
OG Project Engineer
As a Design Engineer within the Services Engineering team Your role will be to support our clients in their off shore operations, in addition to carrying out essential workshop engineering that includes repairs, maintenance and upgrades, within a predominantly mechanical and hydraulics environment. In addition you will ensure that any design modification is correctly transformed into engineering drawings, Bills of Materials, test procedures and ensure manufacturability of design.
This role is based in Nigeria as a continuous in country contract.
– Provide technical support and guidance to Global Service Team
– Generate work scope and task lists relating to modification and fault finding for the workshop / offshore unit engineers
– Verify design and generate documentation to meet agreed deliveries
– Organizing equipment design reviews.
– Identification of technical, schedule and commercial risks
– Support of technical and project execution audits imposed by clients.
– Engineering support during after Sales Manufacturing
– Attend close-out meetings/lessons learned.
– The post holder shall have a mechanical engineering background
– The post holder will have proven working expertise relating to refurbishment and repair of mechanical rotating systems
– Offshore, and or Field Service experience would be advantageous but not a prerequisite
– Must be able to communicate effectively – verbal and written English.
– Must be computer literate.
– Must be capable of multi-tasking and working to agreed schedules and be ‘commercially aware’ in engineering solutions.
– Must be self-motivated, and have the ability to lead a number of engineers / designers.
– The person must also be willing to broaden their knowledge across a number of products.
– Knowledge of service maintenance procedures & processes
– Solid Oil & Gas industry knowledge.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.