We started working on the idea for Tuteria in late 2013 when we realized how difficult it was to connect with people who can teach various subjects, skills and topics you want to learn.
Like a father of 3 kids who told us that despite his busy schedule as a manager in a top firm, he has had to resort to tutoring his kids himself because he hadn’t been able to find a tutor for them in over 3 months, even though they live close to the University of Ibadan where there are literally thousands of people who have the competence and passion to tutor his kids. We felt compelled to bridge that gap.
Customer Experience & Social Media
Tuteria needs a talented Customer Experience & Social Media personnel who is passionate about educational services, human relationships, who treats every inquiry as an opportunity to create a loyal customer, and would love to be a part of our vision to improve access to high quality education in Africa. You’ll correspond with hundreds of customers across Nigeria to ensure they have a memorable experience with Tuteria.
To be successful, you must be friendly, have great customer satisfaction mentality, mature, enjoy talking with people and ready to do whatever it takes to get customers to use our services.
If you want to take on a new challenge, we look forward to hearing from you!
- Respond to all inbound calls, enquiries, messages and emails from users and customers to make customers happy
- Help customers make informed decision regarding their learning needs, tutoring options and pricing plans.
- Follow up on all interested customers via phone, email, Skype or any other means of communication to ensure they get the best tutors
- Manage the company’s social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & LinkedIn) which involves replying comments, messages, responding to enquires and acquiring customers on social media
- Run simple, creative campaigns on social media to increase brand visibility
- Identify customer needs or complaints and cater to them as they arise
- Work with other colleagues to find and place suitable tutors quickly
- Must have 1-3 years’ experience in a customer service position in a previous organization, a plus if you’ve undergone certified customer service training
- Must have first-class command of written and spoken English, with a clear, mature accent that inspires confidence in customers
- Must be technology savvy and have worked in a social media manager role in some capacity in the past
- Have very high negotiation skills, be able to persuade customers to use our services
- Must have a functional laptop, be able to use the computer especially MS Excel and Google Docs
- Be 23-30 years, post-NYSC, and available full-time (Mon-Sat, 8:30am-5pm), preferably staying close to Gbagada, Lagos
- Willing to put in any extra hours where necessary, and pick up phone calls even at odd hours
- Enjoy talking with a lot of customers, and have excellent phone etiquette