Adexen Recruitment Agency is mandated by a multinational Transport & Logistics company which provides Port/Airport Operations, Inland Transport and Supply Chain Management services to recruit a Customs Declarant for its operations in Nigeria
Our client is a leading multinational integrated logistics company and a leading operator of public-private partnerships in the port and rail sectors.
- Make quality check or clearing documents received to ensure that appropriate documents required by Customs are attached
- Identifies Customs Tariff reference and Duty rates from Nigeria Customs Service Book/Internet.
- Calculates in detail the total amount of duties and other customs charges
- Prepares the draft of SGD and generate it from ASYCUDA++
- Assess SGD as approved by the clients and generate selectivity after duty payment.
- Keep records of documents of external origin
- Any other task as may be assigned by the Sea freight Logistics Solution Manager
- A good Bachelor’s degree
- 3 – 5 years cognate experience with 2 years from a clearing and forwarding environment
- Sound knowledge of Customs processes, procedures and documentations
- Experience in managing DTI from customs
- Understands maritime technicalities
- Excellent negotiation and analytical skills
- Sound in MS Office packages and internet friendly
- Good interpersonal and communication skills