Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
Deputy Head of Department (M&E)
The Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Deputy Head of Department will be based in Abuja, FCT and report to the M&E Head of Department with frequent field travels. The M&E Deputy Head of Department provides technical oversight to the mission’s monitoring and evaluation activities in the North east Nigeria and as well build the capacity of staff M&E through training, mentorship and coaching to ensure quality control of monitoring and evaluation activities. The successful candidate will be involved in accountability, learning and reporting of all projects activities in the mission.
The main tasks and responsibilities includes;
- Oversee the mobile data collection systems, electronic voucher system and other technologies to strengthen monitoring and reporting of activities.
- Review and validate the ToRs and data collection tools for baseline surveys, needs assessments, mid-term and end of project reviews/evaluations
- Participate in designing the framework for the physical and process monitoring of project activities.
- Providing feedback to program and operational reporting templates that facilitate the timely and accurate acquisition, aggregation and analysis of information in programs.
- Ensure appropriate and rigorous M&E systems are developed to guide project start-up, implementation, adjustment, accountability and learning in compliance with mission’s M&E Guidelines and Minimum Requirements for M&E.
- Manage centralized information database by regularly updating contextual information dashboard with current, explicit data and statistics to support during regional situational analysis, program updates, concepts and proposal development.
- Review documentation of project activities with clear articulation of lessons learned, case studies and short articles for each project for internal and external sharing.
- Participate in building the capacity of staff on the logical framework, M&E plans donor M&E guidelines and data gathering, data management, data analysis and reporting to enhance results‐based management.
- Work closely with the Head of Department and Regional Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator to organize and coordinate mid-term reviews, learning workshops/review of program work plans with Nutrition, WASH and FSL team at field level with other stakeholders.
The successful candidate will;
- Have at least a bachelor’s or master’s degree (preferred) in social sciences, statistics, Development studies International relations, mathematics, business administration or computer science, with relevant experience in information management including data analysis and GIS in emergency or development sector.
- Have a minimum of 3 years of proven experience in the Monitoring, Evaluation and Accountability of humanitarian or development programs.
- Have knowledge and experience in qualitative and quantitative data management techniques including proficient and skillful use of SPSS, STATA, EXCEL, Epi-info soft-wares.
- Have proven experience in a technical advisory role in monitoring and results management.
- Have experience on project monitoring and evaluation with special emphasis on activity monitoring, data management including data collection, analysis and storage.
- Have excellent written and spoken English, including the ability to write clear and engaging reports.
- Possess advanced knowledge of international humanitarian guidelines and standards including those of donors.
- Have ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with respect for diversity.
- Have experience with market-based emergency response (ex. Cash Transfers).
- Have understanding of social behavior change and nutrition sensitive programming.
- Have excellent communication, writing and analytical skills including proven ability to translate evaluated results into learning strategies.
Method of Application
The deadline for this position is Wednesday, December 6, 2017 at 5:00 p.m.
Please note this advert may close before the due date once we receive applications from qualified candidates.
Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Action Against Hunger | ACF-International career website on acfinternational.applytojob.com to apply