Thomson Reuters Is Recruiting
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences.
With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance – and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law.
Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Please email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director of government relations, ECOWAS
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world’s businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world’s most trusted news organization.
Job Description: Director of Government Relations
- Work closely with colleagues in the sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) and the Middle East, Africa and Russia/CIS (MAR) Government and Strategic Projects teams to execute on an agreed business development plan, which includes the following:
- Proactively engage with federal and state government entities and major public sector organizations in Nigeria, and similarly in other ECOWAS countries and at an ECOWAS level, building strong relationships, understanding core requirements, communicating and showcasing Thomson Reuters services and capabilities across the relevant business lines, working with internal and external stakeholders to develop applicable propositions, and winning business with targeted institutions
- Grow revenue in the government segment across ECOWAS.
- Create and maintain a network of strategic alliances with external partners, to support market penetration objectives
Support the MAR Government teams with business development initiatives in other markets where required, assuming ownership where appropriate
- Develop a strong understanding of our services and capabilities across Thomson Reuters business lines in order to meet short- and long-term revenue targets.
- Focus new business initiatives in Nigeria and the rest of ECOWAS on the government and quasi-government sector.
- Support regional leadership team in the development and refinement of government growth plans, drawing from previous experience to identify opportunities, requirements and ‘go to market’ strategy.
- Develop government relationships: identify government and public sector targets based on strategy and business priorities; arrange and attend meetings with senior government and public sector representatives, drafting formal requests and attending high-level networking functions and social events as and where required.
- Raise awareness: communicate our capabilities to government and public sector representatives, qualify scope of opportunity and provide clear, structured feedback to internal stakeholders.
- Proactively source government tenders, formal requests for proposal and unsolicited proposals through engagement, clarify the scope of work as appropriate, and prioritise opportunities. Own proposal writing and bid management, designing solutions matching the scope of opportunity in conjunction with internal and external parties, and submit/present proposals/bids to government entities and public sector institutions.
- Handle negotiations and discussions over contractual terms with prospective clients.
- Oversee secured projects, and maintain relationships on an ongoing basis.
- Domenstrate thought leadership on public sector reform and opportunities in region of relevance, speaking at conferences as appropriate.
- Join Nigerian government delegations visiting abroad on a selective basis.
- Work with internal stakeholders to establish and maintain strategic alliances with third parties, including consultants, multilateral organizations and policy advisory bodies, to help grow our business and complement capabilities.
- Project manages operations and delivery of strategic projects in Nigeria and other geographies as required.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Economics/Business/Law/Finance/EngineeringMBA or other Masters Degree preferred
Required Skills :
- 7+ years experience working in sub-Saharan Africa, with a focus on advising government and quasi-government customers
- Prior experience of the Nigerian market and pre-existing contacts/relationships are essential
- Strong consulting/strategy/advisory background preferred
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships quickly are mandatory
- Must be comfortable working with and presenting to senior management
- A collaborative and flexible – yet organized and efficient – work ethic is essential to the role
- Proven track record in project managing complex engagements, and working to tight deadlines
- Experience in at least two industries of the following preferred: Financial, Legal, Tax and ICT
- Knowledge of Thomson Reuters products and services is an advantage, but is not essential
- Fluency in French is an advantage