Driver / Field Assistant (2-year renewable contract)
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable candidates for the position of Driver/Field Assistant at the Institute’s station in Abuja.
- Candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Drive IITA vehicles within and outside Abuja
- Convey IITA-Ibadan staff/scientist from Abuja airport and within Abuja city
- Convey scientist to field trips in other states
- Ensure all stations vehicles are well maintained and clean
- Deliver confidential documents/letters to partners especially donors, ministries and embassies
- Participate in carrying out field operations and activities
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
Qualification and Experience
WASC with a valid professional drivers’ licence (Class ‘E’) plus at least three (3) years corporate driving in a reputable Organization.
The ideal candidate must:
- Be conversant with Nigerian roads;
- Posses ability to drive long distance with good eye sight;
- Be able to work under pressure and be ready to work on weekends where necessary.
- Have the ability to read and write.
- Possess the ability to speak Hausa language fluently
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive fringe benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Method of application:
Interested applicants should forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format to IITA website. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include either the Head of applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior officer at work and evidence of current remuneration package.
Locations: Abuja Station
Closing date: 13th May 2014
Please complete our online application form here
IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from female candidates.