Marriott International is a leading global Lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,100 properties in 79 countries and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2014. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C., in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott.
Marriott has more than 361,000 people working worldwide at managed or franchised properties and corporate offices. Marriott has been consistently recognized as a top employer and for its superior business ethics. The company also manages the award-winning guest loyalty program, Marriott Rewards® and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® program, which together surpass 49M members.
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Job Category: Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Brand: Le Meridien
Position Type: Non-Management/Hourly
- Run daily reports (number of arrivals, departures), identify any special requests, and check reports for accuracy. Document all trips prior to the start of and at the conclusion of each trip.
- Transport guests to/from assigned destinations using property vehicle.
- Park vehicle in designated location when not in use. Inspect property vehicles for damage and cleanliness. Check tire pressure and fluid levels for property vehicle, and refuel as necessary.
- Document all vehicle incidents (i.e., damages, accidents) and provide reports of incidents to manager/supervisor.
- Assist management in hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating, counseling, disciplining, and motivating and coaching employees; serve as a role model and first point of contact of the Guarantee of Fair Treatment/Open Door Policy process. Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; complete safety training and certifications.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional. Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect. Support team to reach common goals. Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Assist with moving, lifting, carrying, and placing of objects weighing in excess of 75 pounds. Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift. Move at a speed that is required to respond to work situations (e. g., run, walk, jog). Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e. g., small print).
- Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines (e. g., to identify defects). Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Move through narrow, confined, or elevated spaces. Move over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces and steps.
- Move up and down stairs and/or service ramps.
- Continual use of manual dexterity and gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and fine motor skills. Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language, and answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- Curious, creative and well-informed.
- Appreciate connecting with like-minded guests and have a deep desire to create unexpected experiences
Method of Application
- Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
- Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Interested and qualified? Go to Marriott International, Inc. career website on marriott.taleo.net to apply