Driver Needed At U.S. Embassy
The U.S. Consulate General in Abuja is seeking to employ a suitable and qualified candidate for the position in the Department of Defense HIV Program, Nigeria (DOD HPN).
Basic Function of the Position
- Under the supervision of the Motor pool Supervisor/Travel Logistician, the incumbent carefully and responsibly drives an official vehicle to various locations in Abuja, and on some occasions, to other cities in Nigeria.
- Also drives DOD HPN personnel and visitors to various locations including ministries, embassies, and other businesses organizations.
NOTE: All applicants MUST address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each criterion or the application will not be considered.
- Completion of Secondary School education is required.
- Minimum of (2) years previous experience as a chauffeur is required.
- Level III (good working knowledge) Speaking /Reading/Writing in English is required.
- Knowledge of the host country traffic laws and regulations, geography of Abuja city and country in general is required.
- A good knowledge of automotive operations, safety and maintenance practices is required.
- Must have a valid Nigerian driver’s license.
- When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
Additional Selection Criteria
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an overall summary rating of “Needs Improvement” or “Unsatisfactory” on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
- Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
Salary: OR – Ordinary Resident – N2,360,678.00 p.a. (Starting basic salary) Position Grade: FSN-03.
In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
NOR – AEFM/ EFM – US$22,058
Starting basic salary p.a. Grade: FP-BB
How To Apply
- A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter.
- Application for U.S. Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus.
- Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD214 with their application.
- Any other documentation (e.g., certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that directly addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
- Limit all electronic (e-mail) submissions to one entry/e-mail not larger than 5MB. Please submit attachments in PDF and Word formats, not pictures.
Submit Application To:
Embassy of the United States of America,
Human Resources Office,
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive,
Or submit to: HRNigeria@state.gov