Ebola Emergency Operations Center Office Manager at eHealth Nigeria
eHealth Africa is focused on improving healthcare by creating effective ways to implement reliable health information management systems. We have developed eHealth and mHealth solutions that can be rapidly deployed to manage patient information, streamline clinical procedures, and provide’ data and analysis on health program outcomes. Accurate health data will provide NGO’s, hospitals, and donor agencies with access to timely health system indicators needed to evaluate their health interventions and respond to critical public health needs. We bring about positive change by harnessing the potential of technology, valuing the power and knowledge of local people, and maintaining a sharp focus on the health worker. To help close the gap in access to health care we have developed and share a depth of expertise in:
- eHealth and mHealth software and solutions
- Technology Infrastructure
- Training and capacity building for sustainable health systems
- Research and data analysis
- Project Management
eHealth Nigeria is seeking to employ a suitable and qualified candidate for the position of:
Job Title: Ebola Emergency Operations Center Office Manager
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria
Department: Emergency Operations Center
Min. Experience: Manager/Supervisor
- This position leads the day to day organization of the Port Harcourt Ebola Emergency Operations Center. This person will ensure that the Ebola Emergency Partners’ have the necessary supplies, logistic support, and a comfortable working environment in order to assist them in attaining the objectives of the containment of the Ebola Virus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned
- Manage stock levels of all assets and create weekly/monthly stock reports
- Inform management when stock is low and what items to purchase—
- Schedule travel arrangements including purchasing of plane tickets, checking flight schedules, arranging airport pick-up, etc
- Management of guards and security protocols, ensuring the guards are providing adequate security checks.
- Assist in the set-up and manage the upkeep of the asset management system.
- Receiving in-coming shipments (DHL) and keeping all store rooms organized and tidy.
- Dealing with correspondence, complaints and queries
- Responsible for general office and facilities management including ordering of all general office supplies.
- Preparing Management meeting materials and taking notes at meeting.
- Responsible for performing any other duty assigned by Management.
- Presents a professional demeanor at all times. Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Accepts responsibility for own actions. Follows through on commitments.
- Is consistently at work and on time.
- Participates in and promotes a positive, supportive, cooperative team environment.
- Adheres to Policies and Procedures.
- Adheres to eHealth Africa Code of Conduct as well as ethical standards of the field.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organisation’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Supervises assigned Project Management staff.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to successfully perform this job.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of Five years of experience in management or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong leadership skills that include the ability to build effective teams, ability to motivate others, delegation, and timely/quality decision making.
- Exemplary skills with leading and managing multi-disciplinary teams, as well as mentoring other team members in a clinical research setting.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, organizational skills and great attention to detail. Must be able to work as a leader and member of a team and possess good problem solving skills.
- Must possess the ability to organize, instruct and supervise staff while promoting group effort and achievement.
- Must have the ability to manage conflicts and resolve problems effectively.
Good Learning Ability:
- Action oriented and resilient in a fast-paced environment.
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficiency working within specialized software utilized in program.
- English is the spoken and written language.
- Ability to read, analyse, proof and edit documents, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees and the general public.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning Ability
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Application Closing Date
For other health related Job vacancies, check Here