GE (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works. For more information, visit the company’s website at www.ge.com
GE Africa Early Career Development Program – GG&O Nigeria
|GE Africa’s Early Career Development Program (ECDP) is a twelve month development program designed to give recent university/college graduates challenging work assignments, training and development, and exposure to leadership. The program combines hands on experience with formal classroom training to equip participants with the tools and knowledge to become leaders in GE|
These positions will be within the Global Growth & Operations (GG&O) Business based in Nigeria and are open to recent university/college graduates with interest in either 1) Market Research OR 2) Law.
For Market Research Analyst function:
– Required to provide support to Business Leaders in the SSA region.
– Collating and analyzing research materials, relevant industry data, and developing quality supporting documents that Business Leaders can use for interacting with DP customers and stakeholders (internal and external).
For Legal function:
– Responsible for reviewing, updating and tracking the following documents: Powers of Attorney; Non-Disclosure Agreements; leases, first level review of agreements and other tasks as may be assigned from time to time. ;
– Research and collect data, review legislative trends including updating advise obtained from external counsel and communicate these to the legal team and implement early warning system ;
– Update manual and digital repositories (support central libraries and shared drive) with latest materials;
– Promote frequent use of repositories to ensure user awareness of key information and documents;
– Interface with internal and external senior level executives, government officials and various outside organizations on a need to basis;
– Support the WAF legal team in process improvement initiatives, in line with current business challenges
As valuable members of our team, ECDP participants will receive many benefits including:
– Challenging work assignments
– Business mentors
– Leadership training
– Essential skills training
– Functional training
– Opportunities to network with Leaders and other ECDP members
– Recent college/university graduate with no more than 2 years’ work experience /or with national service discharge (relevant degrees and/or experience preferred).
For Market Research Analyst function – Preferably a graduate in business administration, marketing, or sales with strong research and presentation skills. Excellent communication skills are also required.
For Legal function – LLB; BL; LLM (LLM not mandatory) 2 years of legal experience.
– Authorized to work in your country full-time and without restriction. Must have NYSC discharge or exemption certificate in hand
– Must have an advanced to fluent level of English
– Proficiency in the use and application of Microsoft Excel and other MS packages (Word, PowerPoint)
– Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
– Excellent organization skills, ability to independently prioritize multiple tasks and work to deadlines
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
Demonstrated leadership ability
– Demonstrated team player
– Confident self-starter who has demonstrated drive
– Less than two years previous work experience.
– A post graduate degree in a relevant field will be an advantage
– High performer with a passion to achieve positive business results
– Curiosity and desire to learn and expand skill set
– Flexible, adaptable, and open to change