Jagal group needs an Estimating Manager
Nigerdock’s fabrication yard is the standard by which excellence in the industry is measured. It has delivered on the country’s most important oil & gas construction projects including Total’s Usan and Akpo fields, ExxonMobil’s Erha and MIPS projects, Chevron’s Agbami and Escarvos Gas Projects as well as Shell’s Bonga project. The company’s capability includes construction of FPSO topside process modules, offshore platforms, flares, bridges and has built several of the world’s largest deepwater SPM buoys. The company is focused on becoming an FPSO topside integration centre for the industry.
Nigerdock is committed to the highest safety standards in the industry and has defined and maintained Health, Safety and Environmental Manuals, Policies and Procedures for all of its operations. The company’s workforce is consistently trained in the safe working practices of their individual fields.
Provide quantity take off and estimating support to the proposal managers and project managers. In addition to developing and maintaining a standard estimating work process, the Estimating Manager is responsible for the planning, coordination, and execution of Company standards for estimating systems
- Company and Project Goals
- Quality Control
- Develop bid cost estimates of oil and gas fabrication and offshore construction activities, ensuring the assessment of costs for all project activities
- Prepare bid price sheet by first principle and preliminary project cash flow
- Prepare bid price breakdown and any prices/cost details
- Prepare initial project budget and liaise with other company offices to maintain consistency in estimating standards
- Select reference vendor quotations
- Provide cost estimates or cost plans for projects during design development stage
- Maintain and further develop in-house cost estimating tools in conjunction with designated focal points and central estimating team
Desired Skills and Experience
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- Degree qualified or suitable industry experience
- Minimum 20+ years of relevant working experience in cost estimating / tendering
- Demonstrable experience in the build-up of cost estimates for oil and gas Brownfield and Greenfield onshore and offshore projects
- Advanced level skills in the MS Office Suite specially Excel
- Candidate with overseas experience will be an advantage
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of the preparation of estimates for onshore, offshore and subsea facilities for Brownfield and Asset Management proposals and projects
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the flow and logistics needed for the execution of EPC proposals and projects
- Possess excellent leadership skills and have the ability to effectively lead employees in the estimating group. Possess the ability to facilitate and promote a team concept where estimating provides resources and expertise in a structured format to the proposal managers and project managers in a manner that will foster all involved to work as a cohesive group.
- Possess the ability to organize large amounts of information into a coherent, meaningful format
- Effectively communicate, both formally and informally, within the project estimating group, the corporate resources division, as well as to the project teams.
- Proactive manner demonstrating high numeracy and interpersonal skills.
- Accountable and delivers on commitments
- Good working knowledge of cost estimating principles, systems, techniques and industry standards
- Must be able to prepare estimates for onshore, offshore and subsea facilities for Brownfield and Asset Management, utilising in-house estimating tools
Method of Application
To apply for this position, click here