Terragon Group – We pride ourselves as a new Media business focused on Africa. We have built a strong competence across the new media ecosystem comprising mobile, online and content. Within digital we understand the interplay between content and platform and we have business verticals that deliver on both components of the digital world.
Executive Assistant to the Group MD
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports
- Plan, coordinate and ensure the CEO’s schedule/diary is followed and respected. Perform “gatekeeper” and “gateway” roles, creating win-win situations for direct access to the CEO’s time and office.
- Coordinate scheduled meetings and appointments so that the MD’s daily schedule flows smoothly and efficiently with limited disruption
- Research, prioritise, and follow up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the MD/CEO, including those of sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Work closely and effectively with the CEO to keep him well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, and follow up appropriately.
- Complete critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the CEO’s ability to effectively lead the company.
- Stakeholders Management/Meetings
- Build relationships
- Build relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and manage a variety of special projects for the MD/CEO, some of which may have organizational impact.
- Correctly monitor and prioritize all forms of communications on behalf of the MD as required
- Provide a bridge for smooth communication between the MD/CEO’s office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
- Edit and complete first drafts for written communications to external stake holders
- Act as an adjunct member of the Executive Team, assist in scheduling meetings and attend all meetings.
- Serve as the MD/CEO’s administrative liaison to Terragon Holding’s board of directors.
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all board members.
- Ensure that the MD/CEO’s bio is kept updated and respond to requests for materials regarding the CEO and the organization in general
- Handle all meeting logistics including setting up meeting rooms, drawing up meeting agendas and recording meeting minutes
- Assist board members with travel arrangements, lodging, and meal planning as needed.
- Adhere to compliance with applicable rules and regulations set in bylaws regarding board and board committee matters, including advance distribution of materials before meetings in electronic/paper format.
- Coordinate travel related activities within budget parameters, including updating the MD’s frequent fliers accounts, initiating and confirming travel arrangements, and providing detailed itinerary for travels for both the MD and external visitors
- Ensure appropriate approvals for travel and accommodation is obtained.
- Negotiate travel supply arrangements with agency or agencies and liaise with them to ensure service levels are maintained
- Prioritize conflicting needs, handle matters expeditiously and proactively, and follow through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures
- Bachelor’s degree required
- A professional qualification in Management would be an added advantage
- Minimum of 3-4 years’ experience supporting C-Level Executives
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, tight timelines, and multiple priorities, in a fast-moving, constantly changing environment
- High degree of professionalism, maturity and confidentiality
- Very good presentation skills
- Interpersonal Relations
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions, education and experience requirements
- Highly developed, demonstrated teamwork skills
- Strong Clerical and Social Skills
- Strong organizational skills and multi-tasking skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat, and Social Media web platforms
Method of Application
Applicants should forward their CV’s to: [email protected]