Executive Assistant Via RS Hunter
At RS Hunter we believe our clients have the resources, what we do is to galvanise, advice and, partner with our clients to understand the peculiarities of their businesses and then find the best solutions and best HR strategies that work.
Our starting objective is to focus on small business and while providing support to larger organisations in the areas of recruitment and executive selection.
Our reason for focusing on these areas is because we believe that economies are driven primarily by small businesses. These are the engine rooms of thriving economies and we want our services to be the fuels that enable the engine to run at optimal capacity for the best possible performance.
We have within our team professionals who have experience handling the Human Resource function in a variety of industries ranging from Banking, FMCG’s, Engineering, Maritime and Aviation within Nigeria and along the West African coast and would be a good resource to any organisations looking to start up or enhance their business from the people perspective in these areas or the region
Reporting directly to the Executive Vice Chairman (EVC), the Executive Assistant provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Office of the EVC. The Executive Assistant also serves as a liaison to the board of directors and senior management teams; organizes and coordinates executive strategic retreat and external relations efforts; and oversees special projects. The Executive Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within a small, entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, results-driven and strategy oriented. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Executive Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the EVC including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the EVC schedule is followed and respected. Provides “gatekeeper” and “gateway” role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the EVC time and office.
- Communicates directly, and on behalf of the EVC and EVC, with Board members, staff, and others, on matters related to EVC initiatives.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the EVC, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the EVCs office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
- Works closely and effectively with the EVC to keep him well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Acts as a “barometer,” having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the EVC updated.
- Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and manages a variety of special projects for the EVC, some of which may have organizational impact.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the EVC ability to effectively lead the company.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
Board Support and Liaison
- Serves as the EVC’s administrative liaison to the board of directors
- Assists board members with travel arrangements, lodging, and meal planning as needed
- Maintains discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all board members
- Adhere to compliance with applicable rules and regulations set in bylaws regarding board acnd board committee matters, including advance distribution of materials before meetings in electronic/paper format.
Senior Management Liaison
- Participates as an adjunct member of the Executive Team including assisting in scheduling meetings and attending all meetings
- Assists in coordinating the agenda of senior management team meetings and off-sites, and all staff meetings
- Facilitates cross-divisional coordination of travel and Strategic plans
Communications, Partnerships, and Strategic Retreat
- Ensures that the EVC’s bio is kept updated and responds to requests for materials regarding the EVC and the organization in general
- Edits and completes first drafts for written communications to external stake holders
- Works with the Strategic Initiatives team in coordinating the EVC’s Strategic activities
- Follows up on contacts made by the EVC and supports the cultivation of ongoing relationships
- Edits all, and creates acknowledgement letters from the EVC to stakeholders
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners.
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Emotional maturity
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Strong work tenure: 5 to 10 years of experience supporting C-Level Executives.
- Experience and interest in internal and external communications, partnership development, and Strategy
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat, and Social Media web platforms.
Interested candidates should send their CV and application Letter to: email@example.com stating the position being applied for in the mail.