Executive Position at Pattaya Oriental Restaurant – Nigeria
We are the leading authentic Thai restaurant in Lagos and pride ourselves only in satisfying our valued guests. We offer authentic Thai food & Exotic cocktails in the tranquil of our elegantly decorated Restaurant with stunning Private Dining Rooms & a sophisticated Bar Lounge. We also offer a comprehensive dining experience in a delightful setting that is able to cater for all our customers’ entertainment needs. The charm of our restaurant lies in our friendly Oriental hospitality.
Our food is cooked fresh to order with fresh herbs and spices plucked directly from our own herb gardens. Our guests are able to taste the quality of our ingredients and request for the personal preferences in the preparation of their dishes. Our meals reflect the true Thai art of balancing tastes of sweet, sour, salty & spicy intricate to style of cuisine.
We also offer an extensive wine list and an array of creative cocktails that compliment the true flavours of Thailand.
Our main Restaurant at Pattaya is sophisticated in design with rich warm colours and subtle lighting that create a relaxed mood. It also houses our teppanyaki grill. This space is available for semi private or exclusive hire and is able to accommodate up to 100 seated guests, alternatively a standing reception of 120 guests. The Main Restaurant provides magnificent settings for hosting an impressive lunch or dinner event for our clients, friends or colleagues. It is an ideal venue to entertain, host product launches, celebratory dinners and elegant cocktails. We also have alternative private dining rooms & relaxed bar. Our dining suites are available 7 days a week.
On our first floor, we have three separate conference & meeting room facilities. We have a meeting room for up to 24 participants, a conference room for 55 participants and a media room with a capacity of 16 guests, board room style. With these, we are able to accommodate your conferencing & meeting requirements. They are equipped with Laptops, Laptop compatible LCD screens, Projector facilities, Video & Teleconferencing facilities as well & stationery requirement. These however attract a time based charge for the use of the facilities. Further, we are able to offer a more flexible menu to accommodate our customers’ needs.
The elegant surrounding & magnificent settings of our main Restaurant floor & the Private dining Suites and the less formal setting of our Bar & Lounge area, afford us the ability to offer a flexible venue and Menu for events. We host cocktail parties, product launches, company functions & private celebrations. We are able to accommodate up to 120 seated diners in the restaurant & private dining suites, and 200 guests for standing receptions & cocktails.
Pattaya offers the impressive setting for an exclusive hire for a client party in its restaurants, or a more relaxed ambience for a celebration or cocktails with colleagues, friends & family by its bar. We pride ourselves in the flexibility to satisfy our customers’ needs.
Our Teppanyaki grill is housed within our main restaurant dining room. Here we provide customers the opportunity to watch their food being cooked in full visibility. They’re able to chat to their personal chef directly and communicate their personal preference to him, as he cooks all their meals to order.
Our Bar & Lounge provides a more relaxed ambience for drinks with friends, colleagues & clients. it’s also the perfect ambience for pre dinner drinks. We offer a selection of specially designed cocktails, wines, champagnes & extensive liqueurs & spirits.
At Pattaya, we are also able to serve quality Thai food at venues located within the Lagos axis. We cater for events in offices, homes & designated venues. We provide a complete service with staff, drink & hire equipment as appropriate. We are also able to accept your take away & delivery orders over the phone or by fax.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Overseeing the running of the Restaurant and Bar, with the aim of delivering quality service while making profit
- Maximizing the restaurant & bar’s business performance, which means handling duties such as strategic planning, analyzing sales figures and marketing.
- Completing reports, setting budgets and writing plans connected to everything from menu organization to quality control, personnel development and employee shift patterns
- Supervising all aspects of the restaurant and bar from in-house decorations to payments.
- Training and motivating staff about their work and responsibilities.
- Controlling the overall cash flow on a daily basis
- Helping in promoting business through social interaction in community events.
- Assist customers in solving their queries regarding food quality and services.
- Maintaining the cleanliness and sanitation standards of the restaurant and bar by routine check-up of the cleaning done by facilities staff.
- Creating new menu formats keeping in mind the demands and upcoming varieties available.
- Hiring staff in various departments according to skills required.
- Providing training to new staff on their individual responsibilities and restaurant work ethics.
- Monitoring the kitchen staff closely to ensure the required standards are being followed in terms of quality and safety.
- Maintaining a friendly atmosphere with the staff and customers.
- Searching the market regarding new dishes and items or latest trends in restaurants that may help in improving business.
- Managing the tips system for waiters
- Managing staff that give services to customers and allocate duties of opening and closing the restaurant.
- Ensuring restaurant & bar staff follows service standards and health and safety regulations.
- Looks after and guides the personal well-being of the staff.
- Responsible for managing all the beverage, beverage service and bar operations.
- Create the menu and “specials” as well as order the products needed for the menu recipes.
- Managing the kitchen staff and helping to control food timing, quality, and cost. Kitchen management involves most importantly, cost control and budgeting.
- Controlling labour costs, which involves effective scheduling i.e. making sure there are enough people working to handle the busy times, at the same time minimizing having too much staff standing around during the slow periods.
- Managing entire outdoor catering / events
- Monitoring and keeping workstations clean, storing food at appropriate temperatures and working with clean hands at all times.
- Organising and implementing local restaurant marketing as well as regional and national marketing promotions to increase restaurant sales.
- Training and developing employees through orientations, ongoing feedback, establishment of performance expectations and by conducting performance reviews.
- Expected to exercise good judgment in decision-making and reporting issues to the management.
- Ensuring that all systems and routines are incorporated into the day-to-day operations of the restaurant.
- Responsible for the development and achievement of the restaurant’s business plan by working with all staff.
- Ensuring guest service in all areas meets company standards.
- Responding to customer complaints, taking prompt and appropriate action to resolve problem and ensure customer satisfaction is maintained.
- Ambiance Initiative
- Quality assurance
- Event management and developing the external catering portfolio
- Relationship management with key clients – corporate and individuals
Desired Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate must have:
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (Minimum)
- Similar previous experience of at least 5 years
He / She must possess the following skills / abilities:
- Managing people.
- Planning and organising.
- Managing changes.
- Resolving conflicts.
- Providing leadership.
- Budgets/Cost Control.
- Customer Focus.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Results Focus
- Strategic Thinking/Management
- Attention to detail
- Business dealing skills
- Ability to deal with a dynamic environment
- Personality traits such as friendliness, honesty and dependability.
- Ability to analyze data, solve problems and reach conclusions
- Comfortable working in a team environment
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.