(Expatriate Jobs/Nigerian) Chief Financial Officer Needed at Maersk
Chief Financial Officer-Badagry,Nigeria
Local/ExpatFinance/Economics Ref.: AT-056554
The CFO ensures that activities at the port are aligned with the overall strategy of the conglomerate and APM Terminals and that these yield the best possible financial returns and will provide input for effective strategies for financing of the company and work closely with Group functions in securing financing.
He/she will oversee development of local policies, procedures and strategic objectives for the Finance, Legal and Procurement function.
The CFO is a key member of the company management team and has a direct influence on the further growth and development of the company.
• An opportunity to be a part of a high performance team that ensures APM Terminals Badagry has the most efficient, safe and profitable terminals in the region.
• Direct influence on strategic level decisions.
• Working with partners, shareholders, authorities and other stake holders.
• Developing roles and responsibilities for a key terminal for APM Terminals in the region.
• The incumbent is expected to provide measurable input to facilitate the definition and execution of the company’s business strategy.
• Together with the CEO the position will be responsible for achieving the company’s financial objectives, within the strategy and business plans of the company.
• The position is required to continuously analyse complex issues and work towards enhancements on existing practices & procedures and find means to maximize value creation and minimize risk for the company.
• The position has a direct impact on operational and financial dimensions of the port.
• The incumbent is responsible for establishing a performance and risk management framework, in addition to establishing a control, compliance and governance framework.
• The position will establish financial reporting and business planning to enable strict control on capital expenditure and cost.
• Develops and executes the financial strategy of the company, ensuring that the company at all times maximizes value, pro-actively mitigates risk and is financially strong.
• Establishes and enforces procedures to improve working routines, provides high quality and valuable information and analyses to aid decision making, achieve efficiencies in terms of capital expenditure and costs and ensure that all subjects relating to the financials of the terminal are dealt with in the most efficient manner.
• The CFO leads and co-ordinates the risk management framework of the company and makes recommendations to the CEO and management team in the risk assessment and management process.
• He/she leads and co-ordinates the performance management framework of the company and supports the CEO in driving performance.
• The position is responsible for treasury management of the company, including working closely with Group Finance in securing funding for the entity, financial exposure, cash and working capital management.
• The CFO leads the procurement function within the terminal and ensures that professional procurement processes are implemented and followed for capital and operating expenditure.
• He/she ensures that policies and guidelines are followed in accordance with the company’s strategy and policies established by the Board of Directors.
• The CFO has financial supervision of capital expenditure.
• Ensures that the company conducts its business in compliance with local law, local regulations and APM Terminals’ Strategy and Culture.
• Ensures and establishes proper internal governance and controls.
• He/she manages key suppliers to ensure that cost effective solutions are provided for the port.
• Ensures that a proper inventory management system is in place.
• The CFO is a key member of project teams driving strategic initiatives.
• Manages, motivates, coaches and instructs departmental staff and fosters inter-departmental communication and co-operation.
Who we are looking for
• Post graduate studies in Accountancy or Finance management or related business studies.
• At least 10 years in finance management roles.
• Professional standard of knowledge to lead teams through functional/general expertise in the finance and associated functions.
• Extensive knowledge of financial planning, accounting and reporting, procurement and inventory control systems.
• Understanding of project implementation and management of budget, time and scope.
• Understanding of Port Operations and shipping industry and an ability to relate with shipping company and other associated industry managers is seen as an advantage.
• Able to provide vision and empowers others to take action by effectively delegating.
• Ability to provide leadership, obtain cooperation and assistance to meet objectives, and promote a team environment.
• Strategic mind-set, with ability to drive strategic initiatives while providing vision and empower others to take action by effectively delegating.
• Candidates must have advanced verbal and written communications skills in English, in addition to effective interpersonal and negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
• Must be able to exercise discretion and good judgment, with an ability to understand the effect of decisions overall in the company.
• Must be able to handle company information with confidentiality and discretion possessing high ethical standards.
• Africa experience is seen as a major advantage.
> Last application date: 15 October 2014.
See more vacancies at Maersk here