Experienced Careers Recruitment at Wema Bank Plc
Widely reputed as the longest surviving and most resilient indigenous Nigerian bank, Wema Bank Plc has over the years, diligently offered a fully-fledged range of value-adding banking and financial advisory services to the Nigerian public.
Incorporated in 1945 as a Private Limited Liability Company (under the old name of Agbomagbe Bank Limited) and commencing banking operations in Nigeria the same year, Wema Bank later transformed into a Public Limited Company (PLC) in April 1987 and was listed on the floor of the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) in January 1990. On February 5, 2001, Wema Bank Plc was granted a universal banking licence by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), thus allowing the Bank provide the Nigerian public with diverse financial and business advisory services.
However, in 2009, the Bank underwent a strategic repositioning exercise spearheaded by a new management team that has seen its profile rise considerably which finally culminated into its taking a sound strategic decision to operate as a commercial Bank with regional Scope in South-South Nigeria, South-West Nigeria, Lagos and Abuja in 2011.
- Qualification: University Degree or its equivalent, with a grade not lower than Second Class Lower Division. Professional qualifications and and/or certifications proffer added advantage.
- Age: As specified.
- Communication Skills: Advanced competency in oral and written English with the ability to communicate clearly and confidently in a professional work environment.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrable and proven interpersonal skills, including the ability to work and interact with people regardless of age, sex, background, religion, race, or origin.
- Flexibility: Be adaptable and demonstrate the ability to traverse different assignments and work locations.
- Analytical Skills: Ability to apply strategic thought process to complex business challenges and to develop innovative, yet practical, solutions.
- Commitment & Aspiration: Be committed to the growth and achievement of personal and corporate goals.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should submit their resumes to Human Capital Management at the Bank’s Head Office or through any of our network of branches nationwide. You can also send your resume to [email protected]
Applicant(s) would be contacted for a preliminary chat if the candidate’s profile matches any available or vacant job position. Subsequently, all qualified candidates will be scheduled for a series of formal interviews, prior to the Bank taking a final decision.