Westfield Consulting Limited – Founded in January 2012, by a team of forward thinking Nigerians with over 40 years of cumulative work experience in management and consultancy, Westfield Consulting is a provider of Human Resource and Strategic Management Services. Our innovativeness and excellence in service delivery has made us a first choice to our growing clientele in various sectors
Logistics & Protocol Officer
- Job Description
The principal duty of a protocol officer is:
- Identify, establish and communicate effective logistical procedures to be used in transport operations, ensuring all customers are aware and follow statutory guidelines and company procedures while handling company vehicles.
- To be responsible for controlling, supervising and optimizing the allocation of duties to drivers and all staff under their charge to ensure high performance standards are maintained.
- Working knowledge of Round the World Fare and fare rules while liaising with the company designated travel agent.
- Obtain quotations from agents or various airlines to find the best flight prices, options, buy and refund airline tickets as requested. Check-in for flights, select seats per preference and send boarding passes.
- Procure necessary visas and medical insurance information for all travels including itineraries related to flights and accommodation as requested.
- Managing databases of frequent flyer miles for directors and management, tickets and other important data.
- Arrange hotels and airport transfers, travel packages in anticipation of travel for staff, management and contractors working on projects.
- Provide periodic reports on expenditure and related information regarding travel.
- He/She builds and maintains cordial relationships with various Government agencies at international and domestic airports to facilitate effective meet and greet services.
- Provide protocol to clients at the airport both international and domestic
- To deal with Immigration Authority and airport security force for clearance of clients.
- Arranging collection of travelers and baggage.
- Ensuring speedy passage through airport – process travel documents.
- Make airport arrangement pick up and drop
- Supervise escort patrol
- Protect clients from extortion or harassment by airport authorities
- Transferring passengers through the airport.
- When idle help with messenger functions at Head Office.
- Willingness to work outside office hours.
The Protocol Officer is expected to:
- A protocol officer advises staff of an organization on formalities and courtesies they should observe when associating with foreign visitors.
- The officer, therefore, needs to research on the do’s and don’ts of international etiquette, such as how to properly receive and address foreign visitors according to their ranks and positions. It is usually a sign of courtesy to provide a foreign visitor with a gift.
- A protocol officer should, therefore, research the guest’s culture and beliefs in relation to gift-giving to avoid picking a gift that would offend them.
Schedule for Foreign Visits:
- A protocol officer plans the timetable of his employer’s foreign visitors, which may include taking a tour of interesting landmarks, and any courtesy visits, such as to the board of directors of a business.
- He/She ensures a foreign visitor has a timetable for the visit.
- For example, where the visit’s aim is to negotiate a contract, she ensures the visitor knows where and when the negotiations are taking place. He/She arranges for transportation where necessary.
- In this capacity, a protocol officer ensures the visitor’s schedule does not suffer from complications and delays.
- A protocol officer assist with organizing events that involve international relations. He sends invitations and arranges to receive visitors, while planning for their seating positions and accommodation if necessary.
- He reviews ranks, positions and relationships of the foreign visitors when planning seating to avoid placements that cause discomfort or conflict during the ceremony.
- He also arranges for the entertainment for the event, and briefs the staff on their respective roles.
- A protocol officer facilitates the travel of staff members going to other countries on official business. He/She secures their visas, tickets and any other travel documents.
- A protocol officer may act as a communication contact point between the foreign destination and the employer’s organization; he/she handles coordination with travel agents.
Knowledge and Skills
- Degree in Social Sciences/Business Administration
- Diploma in Travel IATA
- Diploma in Logistics is an added advantage
- 5 – 7 years working experience in the travel industry with good working knowledge to ticketing and travel logistics.
- Extensive knowledge of the airline industry and the foreign embassies/Visa Application Agencies.
- Exhibit a high level of initiative, objectivity, integrity and commitment.
- Good team spirit and human relations management.
- Good negotiation and communication skills both written and spoken, email etiquette, invoicing.
- Good organizational and management skills, an analytic mind and good numeracy skills.
- Good diplomacy skills and tact in dealing with team members, tired drivers and colleagues.
- Outgoing and confident with a pleasant personality.
- Proficient with Internet use, MS-Office and good problem solving skills.
- Independent and self-motivated.
- High attention to details and a team player.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their Applications and CV’s to: [email protected] Please send CVs with Job Title as mail subject!