Facility Leader At GE Oil & Gas
GE (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works. For more information, visit the company’s website at www.ge.com
GE Oil & Gas is a world leader in advanced technologies and services with 43,000 employees in more than 100 countries supporting customers across the industry—from extraction to transportation to end use. Our unrelenting commitment to the environment, health and safety, quality and integrity defines us: it’s The Way We Work.
We develop smart solutions for our customers across the oil and gas value chain delivering the innovation, customized service solutions, training programs and technology that helps them to maximize their efficiency, productivity and equipment reliability.
We partner with our customers to develop their next generation workforce; help them to fully benefit from the megatrends of natural gas, the growth of subsea and hard-to-reach reserves and the revolution in asset health management. Follow GE Oil & Gas on Twitter @GE_OilandGas.
Posted Position Title: Facility Leader
Career Level: Experienced
Function Segment: Field Services
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces:
Relocation Assistance: No
Role Summary/Purpose: The role of the Facility Leader is to ensure that the Onne Facility requirements including security, employee transportation both ex-pat and national/local, ex-pat accommodation, office accommodation, workshops, yard, and facility support supplies/ services are in place to allow the facility to operate on a daily basis to the expected GE standard to meet our customers requirements at Onne located at the FOT Free Trade Zone..
He / She has to demonstate a strong clear leadership capability and
– The Facility Leader shall demonstrate clear leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes for the facility and business segment. In this role he shall utilize his experience and expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for himself and others, and have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals, such as increasing facility efficiencies and mentorship to his junior team
– Responsible to ensure we have all required licences, certification and accreditations in place so that the facility/employees are compliant to work in Nigeria.
– Maintains care, custody, controllership, and safe operation of the ongoing operations and staff aligned to his position
– Establishes and sustains a culture that promotes a safe and positive work environment
– Ensures that the facility and personnel are fully aligned that environmental, health and safety compliance standards are met and delivered to GE EHS requirements
– Develops and implements procedures and systems for increasing the facility and personnel’s performance to operate in a safe and effective manner
– Responsible to prepare the annual facility budget and manage the facility expenditures accordingly including approved Capex enpenditure
– Working with the Operations Leader develop the facility capabilities that forecasted annual work look aheads and quarterly targets can
– Hires, evaluates, and monitors work activities of contractors / subcontractors for maintenance and repair activities for facility equipment
– Identifies and encourages his direct reports to find Bullet Train initiaves aimed at making significant savings and cost reductions
– Responsible to control equipment movement costs within the facility to minimize costs.
– Responsible to lead special projects to improve Nigeria Services capabilities to meet cusomer requirements.
– Minimum of a B.SC degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
– Minimum of 5 years work experience in a similar role
– Understanding of services systems and active site operations for service requirements for Oil & Gas Subsea equipment
– Team management experience in fast-paced environment
– A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required.
– Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
Desired Characteristics: ·
– Aiming to maximize potential, increasing efficiency and cost reduction, while still maintaining an on time delivery and quality output through the facility
– Strong management and leadership skills
– Understanding that he requires to take ownership and will be held accountable for his and his direct reports actions
– Requires to have excellent verbal and communication skills when interfacing with senior management, his direct reports and their direct reports
– Imagination, Clear Thinker, Inclusiveness, Proficiency/ Expertize.
– A clear driver setting realistic targets, Goals and objectives for his direct reports
– Customer focused, always aiming to deliver customer satisfaction through the facility
– A strong ability to access and use the companies IT software/ applications such as Outlook, PIMS, and Microsoft
– Ensure his team members have been given and completed the GE regulatory band on-line / Growth Values training
– Complete the EMS Annual staff appraisals in a fair and non- compromising manner
– Observe the local and national culture ensuring that no personnel offences are committed
– Liaise and work with each department head, ensuring we complete the customers work to the GE quality standards
– Working closely with the Operations Leader covering the workshops, Generators Servicing / Repairs, Overhead crane, Compressors, water well, air conditioners, pest control etc are in line with meeting weekly/monthly customer delivery requirements through the facility
– Review the appropriate Risk assessments per daily operational work plan, identify if special work plans are required for Non –Standard Equipment
– Ensuring the safety and security procedures are all in place covering base personnel and are never compromised
– Drive and build a strong EHS Culture encourage HELP card reporting
– Adherence to GE compliance standards through leadership by example approach
– Show strong leadership to his direct and supporting Expat and National teams highlighting the GE Growth Values
– Support the on-going projects at present from a facility services perspective
– Customer alignment and excellent communication skills required
– Working with our financial team creating forecasts and ensuring that these are met throughout the business