FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
FHI 360 is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of:
Job Title: Technical Officer (Monitoring and Evaluation) RMNCH
Job ID: 16480
- S/He will be responsible for working with state and Local Government Area (LGA) level health authorities, health facilities and other partners in the state to strengthen RH/FP programmes and ensure that state M&E RH/FP activities are appropriate and meet the donor and project’s M&E needs.
- The Technical Officer (M&E) Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn and Child Health (RMNCH), under the supervision of a Senior Technical Officer (M&E) and with technical oversight from the Director of Monitoring and Evaluation, is responsible for the implementation of RMNCH M&E activities in supported states.
- The position also involves analyzing data and providing written and oral reports related to the analysis.
Job Summary / Responsibilities
- Monitors the progress of RH/FP activities; develops charts and prepares periodic and ad hoc reports
- Work closely with other FHI 360 state officers in collation of RH/FP and RMNCH related reports
- Provide technical support to health facilities in ensuring that data are accurately captured, analyzed on monthly basis, used for decision making and reported to the LGA according to set guidelines
- Ensures the smooth and efficient day-to-day operation of RMNCH and data collection activities;
- Document best practices and share lessons learned from implementation RMNCH activities
- Prepare clearly written technical and analytical reports
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Facilitate training of data officers in the state and LGAs on the use of the RMNCH data collection tools, data quality assurance and the DHIS
- Conduct quarterly DQA in selected health facilities in collaboration with the LGA focal persons and LGA MNCH officer
- Support LGA and LGA MNCH officer in ensuring that data from health facilities are accurately collated and reported according to set guidelines
- Provides leadership and technical oversight for the implementation of RMNCH -related activities
- Any other duty assigned
- MB.BS/B.Pharm/B.Sc Nursing with 1 to 3 years of progressive relevant experience in clinical care with a sound understanding of RMNCH services provision in resource constrained settings.
- Possess good quantitative/qualitative analysis skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Planning, coordination and organizational skills
- Travel to state(s) may be required.
- A postgraduate degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, Statistics or Demography will be an added advantage
- Excellent communication skills and experience working in Monitoring and Evaluation of RMNCH Programmes
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply