FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of:
Job Title: Technical Officer (RMNCH)
Job ID: 16483
Location: Lafia, Nasarawa State
With the Associate Director, the Technical Officer will provide technical and programmatic support to implement high quality care and support activities with primary focus on providing programmatic and technical support for training and reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health (RMNCH).
Job Summary / Responsibilities
- With the Associate Director, coordinate the implementation of components related to RMNCH in FHI 360 Nigeria’s programs.
- Work with relevant staff to coordinate the design and implementation of facility based programs in relation to RMNCH.
- Support a strong reporting on program progress against agreed objectives and monitoring and evaluation frameworks.
- Contribute to the development/review of program strategies, subproject documents, work plans and budgets.
- Provide programmatic assistance to local partners in programming RMNCH activities.
- Remain informed on current programs in the field of RMNCH and related developments by reviewing current literature and stay alert to any implication of such experience and research to the project implementation.
- Provide ongoing technical assistance in RMNCH for FHI 360 Nigeria programs.
- Work with relevant FHI 360 staff to adapt and disseminate guidelines, tools and procedures that will support the achievement of quality service delivery.
- Contribute to the development of lessons learned from programs and projects related to RMNCH and apply these lessons to modify existing programs and improve the design of new programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- MBBS/MD or similar degree with 3 to 5 years relevant experience in clinical care with a sound understanding of RMNCH programmes in resource constrained settings.
- Possession of a fellowship in Obstetrics/Gynaecology or an advanced post graduate degree in a related field is essential.
- Knowledge of Nigerian clinical setting, including government and non-government settings.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the social, political and ethical issues surrounding reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants and recipients of assistance.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication.
- Well-developed computer skills.
- Ability to travel within Nigeria 25% time.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems, NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of health and development programs in developing countries in general and Nigeria
- Clinical management, research and training experience and ability to understand full range of issues around the RMNCH.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply