Siemens is an Integrated Technology Company. The business activities of our Energy, Health care, Industry and Infrastructure & Cities Sectors have enabled us to capture leading market and technology positions worldwide. Technological excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and international focus have been our hallmarks for 165 years, making us strong and linking us to our shareholders, employees and customers as a partner of trust.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Service Engineer – Large Gas Turbine
Job ID: 292032
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Reporting to: Service Operations Manager
- Siemens Nigeria Limited has an exciting opportunity for a Field Service –Engineer to join an established team of Field Service Operations supporting a wide range of sites within the Nigeria, West Africa and Southern Africa.
- This position serves as a company technical and administrative representative. A service engineer deals with customer service assignments including on-site preventive maintenance and inspection service work, call-out services and commissioning activities on Gas Turbines products line and packages.
- Under general direction and instructions, independently determines and develops approaches to solutions to customer issues and requirements with minimal or no downtime on the equipment.
Scope of Work
Health, Safety and Environmental:
- Understands and complies with Siemens and customer safety policies and procedures. Ensure the work permit system is complied with. Ensure safe site and practices.
- Participate by attending general safety and toolbox safety meetings at site and occasionally at the Siemens office. Suggest safety improvements and safety observations.
- Ensure customer expectations are met or exceeded.
- Ensure all maintenance activities are carried out in accordance with company policy, manufacturer’s recommendations and good practices.
- Must have basic knowledge of methods and experience in the categories of maintenance on rotating equipment and various equipment associated with the gas turbine.
- Installation and Commissioning (I&C) team member on new units and on existing units, must be able to carry equipment health monitoring.
- Keep abreast of pending work and plan/document handover activities to the next coming crew to complete on-going task. Ensure that necessary parts are available and submit materials requisitions when required.
- Including abnormal sounds vibrations and potential safety problems at inception and take appropriate action to prevent a serious safety hazard that could develop to equipment damage or loss of production.
- Provide timely and daily reports to the Service Operation Manager and Customer Representative on on-going projects or daily work.
- Keep and update all equipment histories to effectively forecast equipment utilization and efficiency.
- Co-ordinate any changes necessary to ensure operations are efficient and minimal downtime is required.
- Ensure effective communication and reporting to the Service Operation Manager and Customer Representatives.
- Will utilize sound judgment when analyzing problems. Solve problems with little or no supervision in a timely manner and at a nominal cost.
- Master all procedures and available options of identifying sources of information and technical advice.
- Will have sufficient product knowledge to repair and adjust minor instrument/electrical components/systems and will be capable of reading applicable drawings and technical manuals.
- Adequate strategy of engaging operations in releasing equipment in a timely manner for maintenance.
- Will be, required to assist in a technical manner with the operations and maintenance crew in any area if the workload exceeds the number of personnel available.
- Will have served on a recognized rotating equipment product lines and/or having long period of continues occupation as gas turbines service engineer.
- Experience in an onshore/offshore environment is essential.
- Strong mechanical rotating equipment background will be an asset.
- Familiarity with gas turbine engine theory, control systems and package system operation will be an asset.
- Will hold and maintain a full offshore medical and survival certificate to suit all areas of assignment.
- Will possess a technical qualification e.g. Engineering Degree, HNC/ HND, preferably in Electrical / Mechanical Engineering.
- Will have 5 –7 years’ experience in a related industry. Higher experience/skill levels may balance lower academic qualifications, and vice versa.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply