Financial Accountant At Layer3
Layer3 is one of the fastest growing network and security infrastructure companies in West Africa, providing award-winning services, including managed and cloud services, network security, IT infrastructure management, virtualization and mobile device management solutions.
Our unique model integrates best-of-breed technologies from global leaders such as Juniper Networks, Blue Coat, Polycom, AirWatch, F5, Extreme Networks and VMware, coupled with our next-generation metro fiber networks, to offer unparalleled services and after sales support to some of the most demanding customers.
To learn more about Layer3 and our services, visit our website at www.layer3.ng
Layer3 is looking for a top notch and very experienced Financial Accountant to join her team.
This role is based in Abuja and will report directly to the Head, Finance and Accounts.
It requires commercial awareness, attention to detail, strong business ethics and a flexible
approach to work & office hours.
Some cyclical duties will include preparing the monthly management reports, monthly
maintenance of the company workbooks, preparing VAT returns, producing the Annual
Statutory Accounts. You will also be expected to setup up pricing as and when necessary; cost
projects; calculate commissions; set up vendor payment plans; and be the primary account
manager and be responsible for handling 2nd level escalations. Your duties will generally be
within the following sectors of accounts & finance:
ü Financial Strategy
ü Financial Accounting
ü Management Accounting
ü Expenditure Control
ü General Ledger
ü Purchase Ledger
ü Tax and Payee
Duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
· Monthly payroll processing
· Continuous management of financial & Inventory systems and accounts SOPs
· Liaising with internal and external auditors and dealing with any financial irregularities as they arise
· Producing reports and recommendations following internal audits or public sector audits
· Preparing financial statements, including monthly and annual accounts
· Preparing financial management reports, including financial planning and forecasting
· advise on tax issues
· Vendor management
· Preparing profit and loss statements and monthly closing and cost accounting reports.
· Preparing and review budget, revenue, expense, payroll entries, invoices, and other accounting documents.
· Analyzing revenue and expenditure trends and recommend appropriate budget levels,
and ensure expenditure control.
· Explaining billing invoices and accounting policies to staff, vendors and clients.
· Resolving accounting discrepancies.
· Recommending, developing and maintaining financial data bases, computer software
systems and manual accounts filing systems.
· Processing all invoices, expense forms and requests for payment.
· Dealing with daily transactions for the petty cash and ensuring that reconciliations are
completed on a weekly and monthly basis.
· Performing any other duties as required by management or supervisor
Desired Skills and Experience
· Knowledge of current laws and practices regarding taxes, vat, payee, and pension
· Awareness and ability to demonstrate the importance of ethics & appropriate codes of
conduct in the workplace
· Ability to demonstrate capacity to create & drive accounting & or financial processes & procedures
· Ability to achieve daily targets while attending to impromptu activities that may occur
· Capacity to withstand pressure with practical examples from past experience
· A considerable knowledge of purchasing, importation, vendor and inventory management
· Assertive & firm personality with a keen eye for detail
Educational and Technical Requirements:
· Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar position; experience in ICT/Telecommunications preferred.
· Relevant professional certifications (ACA, ACCA, CFA, etc.) Preferred.
· Flare for numbers, ability to work well with people, aggressively anticipate impacts of workload/issues to team deadlines and a very positive work attitude including willingness to work some longer hours during peak periods.
· Strong experience in income statement analysis.
· Computer literate with experience in using Quick books
· Advanced Excel skills, ability to work with lookups and pivot tables.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
· Strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
All interested applicants are required to forward their CVs with ‘Solutions Architect’ as the subject heading to email@example.com as soon as possible. Please note that while we appreciate the interest in our organization, only the qualified candidates will be contacted.