Financial Assistant Needed At U.S. Embassy
The U.S. Consulate General in Abuja is seeking to employ a suitable and qualified candidate for the position in the Department of Defense HIV Program, Nigeria (DOD HPN).
Financial Assistant, FSN-07/FP-07
Basic Function of the Position:
The incumbent will perform accounting and financial analysis to support efficient operations meeting USG accounting and procurement practices. The incumbent will assist in the implementation of the internal controls and general assessment of DoDHPN accounting standards. Duties include audit of procurement and travel vouchers, working with DoDHPN technical staff for specific programmatic activity budget preparation. Additionally, the incumbent will be expected to perform financial administrative duties.
NOTE: All applicants MUST address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each criterion or the application will not be considered.
- University degree in Accounting or Business Administration is required
- Minimum of 3 years progressive work experience in accounting, auditing or financially oriented business management is required.
- Level IV (Fluent) Speaking /Reading/Writing in English is required. Language proficiency will be tested.
- Advanced knowledge in professional accounting, auditing, budget and finance is required.
- Ability to work with limited supervision to assess inconsistencies in financial data is required.
- Advanced personal computer skills with experience in word processing and spreadsheets, Quick Books is required. Skills will be Tested.
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
Additional Selection Criteria
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an overall summary rating of “Needs Improvement” or “Unsatisfactory” on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
- Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
Salary: Or – Ordinarily Resident–N3,459,393p.a. (Starting basic salary) Position Grade: FSN-07
In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
NOR – Not Ordinarily Resident – AEFM – US$40,262 EFM/MOH – US$34,667 (Starting Salary) p.a. Position Grade: FP-07
How To Apply
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
- A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter.
- Application for U.S. Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus.
- Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
- Any other documentation (e.g., certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that directly addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
- Limit all electronic (e-mail) submissions to one entry/e-mail not larger than 5MB. Please submit attachments in PDF and Word formats, not pictures.
Submit Application To:
Embassy of the United States of America
Human Resources Office
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive
Central District Area
Or submit to: HRNigeria@state.gov