Adexen Recruitment Agency is mandated by a global risk consulting company to recruit a Finance Controller for its operations in Nigeria
Our Client is a global risk consulting company specializing in helping organizations manage political, integrity and security risks in complex and hostile environments
• Preparation of West Africa hub management accounts on a monthly basis including variance analysis to budget/ forecast.
• Preparation of monthly commentary / financial reports to hub management on a monthly basis.
• Take overall responsibility for tracking, monitoring and managing financial KPIs relevant to group and regional performance. These include Income, Profit, DSO and AR. Take action to remedy the above where required.
• Preparation of hub forecast on a monthly basis and Preparation of hub budget on annual basis.
• Assistance with foreign exchange management for the hub. and also performs ad hoc financial support to hub as required.
• Responsible for all statutory financial requirements for the Control Risks Nigerian legal entity, including statutory accounts and tax returns (local and state taxes).
• Main point of contact for auditors for statutory accounts.
• Credit Control: Oversee and ensure timely adherence to credit control process in Nigeria
• Line Manager Duties: Manage and mentor the Finance team and provide training and support where required
• Process Improvement: Proactively identify areas of process or efficiency improvement within the Finance and other functions in the West Africa business and work with the Managing Director to implement them
• Liaising with all relevant external agencies, including the tax authorities, the bank, auditors, lawyers, consultants, and other relevant authorities.
• Preparing local tax returns and ensuring that they are accurate and are submitted within the required deadlines
• To maintain and develop appropriate internal controls, accounting systems and reporting processes to provide management with relevant financial information to aid decision making
• To ensure accurate filing systems are maintained
• Ensure balance sheet reconciliations are performed on a timely basis
• To regularly review and highlight any weaknesses in the accounting processes and to be proactive in suggesting ways to improve those processes
• To take ownership and ensure that compliance processes and policies are followed and adhered to
• To analyse monthly financial data and to provide ad-hoc reports highlighting relevant trends / anomalies / strengths / weaknesses for the West Africa region
• To manage the Nigerian and West African budget and to work with the London based teams to undertake the monthly, quarterly and adhoc reporting and
• Provide oversight for Payroll of Expatriate and Local staff and loan reconciliation
• Assist in driving Dynamics utilization in the region, project set up and reporting
• Ensure effective procedures are in place to minimize fraud and banking issues
• University Degree in Accounting or Finance
• 7 years work experience in am similar position
• Management and supervisory skills.
• Basic IT Skill , Hands on ERP
• Good command of Language ( English Language )
• Team building skills.
• Analytical and problem solving skills.
• Decision making skills. Effective verbal, presentation and listening communications skills.
• Effective written communications skills.
• A strong communicator, both in writing and spoken communications