MTN Nigeria Is Recruiting Into Fleet Supervisor Position – Apply
MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
MTN Nigeria is recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Title: Fleet Supervisor
- Follow up on Insurance companies regarding inspection and release of funds for vehicles involved in accidents.
- Track vehicle redistribution and swapping within departments.
- Oversee the regular and preventive maintenance of MTNN fleet equipment and supervise skilled fleet mechanics.
- Maintain/manage vehicle licensing, vehicle renewals, vehicle fleet in terms of safety, statutory registrations, repairs, servicing, etc, and maintain cordial relationship with related service providers in line with approved policies and procedures.
- Recruit drivers and monitor feedback on their performance as well as develop and maintain database of all MTNN vehicles assigned to staff to whom, vehicles allocated to visitors and consultants, fleet maintenance and costs of fuel consumption as well as other tool-of-trade vehicles and their use within the regions.
- Supervise all drivers, protocol officers, boat captains and other third party staff and control transport pool vehicles in the region.
- Follow up with approved mechanical workshops on servicing and repairs of MTNN vehicles (boats, cars and motor cycles).
- Maintain fuel records of vehicles in the region to check and prevent fraud and ensure optimal usage.
- Review information / data on maintenance and fueling costs of each vehicle on a monthly basis to determine efficiency and/or abuse of vehicles.
- Conduct monthly inspection of fleet/fleet activities within the region, generate fleet report and reconcile invoices from vendors to ensure proper accountability/accuracy.
- Review and approve payment for overtime hours of drivers, helpline operators and dispatchers.
- Liaise with law enforcement agencies e.g. Nigerian Police, LASTMA, and Road safety, on all fleet related issues within the region.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- Valid drivers license.
Experiences & Trainings
- 4 years experience in fleet management, including the following:
- Experience in people management, especially managing a large number of semi-skilled persons.
- Experience in relating directly with regulatory authorities (Police, Immigrations, Road Traffic regulatory authorities.)
- Some experience in protocol related service is also desirable
- Best practices in Fleet Management.
- Fleet Management Software applications.
- Car hijacking and Armed Robbery response.
- Protocol Practices and procedures.
- Professional and Defensive Driving.
Application Closing Date
22nd September, 2014
For more job vacancies at MTN Nigeria, Click here