Port Harcourt Nigeria
About WTS Energy
WTS Energy provides recruitment and manpower services for the global oil and gas and energy industries. We supply engineers and consultants to our clients’ projects and operations, and perform employment outsourcing services such as workforce management in oil and gas regions around the world. Our clients are based globally and offer a wide range of vacancies in oil, gas and energy. WTS Energy places suitable engineers and consultants in any phase of Oil and Gas projects and in all skills relating to: Geoscience, Drilling Management and Well Services, Facilities, (FEED) Engineering, Construction, Pipeline, Subsea, Commissioning and Start Up and Operations and Maintenance. WTS Energy operates globally with offices in 14 countries and is operational in over 50 countries.
Job description FPSO Construction Superintendent
- To follow-up the Construction and associated pre-commissioning activities related to Nigerian Content (NC) packages, up to end of Construction and load-out/integration works.
- Ensure that fabrication is in accordance with the design.
Project controls, administration.
- Review and analyse planning updates and critical path for all activities related to Nigerian Content packages Construction. Detect all possible delays and constraints and propose remedial action.
- Review and approve construction progress for all activities related to Nigerian Content packages Construction.
- In charge of distribution and follow up all incoming and outgoing documents on Site. Ensure that these documents are properly managed and that all actions required are taken within the contractual time frame.
- Review and monitor all recorded and potential change orders, and inform to FPSO In Country Construction Manager
- Report periodically to FPSO In Country Construction Manager about the progress activities and area of concern
Construction and associated pre-commissioning activities.
- Ensure that interface with Contractor is fully controlled and that efficient working relations are established.
- Monitor QC activities.
- Interface with Area Project Engineer (NC packages) to address Site queries and anticipate potential problems. Together will also co-ordinate the requirements for specialist engineers at site.
- Work closely on the interfaces points mainly on the integration works with integration team.
- Work closely with Commissioning leader in order to ensure a smooth transition at RFC stage. This includes joint monitoring of Contractor RFC dossier, punch list clearance.
- Review with commissioning representative the Vendor requirements and activities at Site.
- Prepare integration works for the NC packages
- Monitor materials and equipment delivered at Site: progress, preservation, and installation.
- To maintain good relationships with contractors, being relatively flexible, proactive but also strict when necessary to achieve the objectives of the project.
- Attend/chair weekly HSE meeting on Site. Attend monthly HSE Committee on main Yard. Attend Safety tours at least once a week.
- Monitor safety statistics, and initiate improvement plans with Contractor. Ensure that all incidents and anomalies are properly reported and analysed.
- Carry out JSA and HAZID for critical activities Follow up feedback and safety notices and implement corrective actions when required.
- Motivate Contractor, Sub Contractor and Company personnel in order to achieve HSE targets that will be set up jointly between all parties.
- Ensure that HSE and QA procedure are properly implemented.
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT
- Security issues and difficult relationships with local communities may arises at some worksites
- Inter site marine transportation of heavy project materials and structure Rotational position
- Ensure the progress and quality the construction work in Nigeria with the development of an optimized and
efficient supervision team
- Construction Superintendent AVEON Yard
- Support and enforce the HSEQ project objectives and directives
- Reports to about yard progress, issues arising and area of concerns
- Ensure continues communication between his team and other construction yards in Nigeria
Requirements FPSO Construction Superintendent
- Professional experience (number of years): 15 years of relevant construction experience in Oil and Gas
- Experience in managing people
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Language: English fluent
Terms & Conditions FPSO Construction Superintendent
It is a residential job located in Port Harcourt Nigeria. It is a 6 months renewable contract.
Large Oil & gas operator