Freedom Foundation is a faith based, non-profit organization, committed to addressing the ever-mounting and staggering challenges in our society by empowering individuals who are plagued by various categories of social and economic challenges. Freedom Foundation’s model of Rehabilitation, Education and Empowerment is augmented by research and awareness promotion. We actively partner with the Government, other NGOs, civil society organizations and corporate institutions to ensure the delivery of human services at the greatest points of impact.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Matron
- Support the intake process by ensuring no overpopulation in the shelter and optimum utilization of resources (bed spaces and welcome kits).
- Welcome new clients into the home, read the house rules to the new intake, and ensure the new intake understands the rules.
- Receive and log new client’s personal belongings, and put into secure and orderly storage, items that would not be required in the house; clients must sign log forms indicating accuracy of items logged.
- Provide each new client with their welcome kit and assign clients to a room, bed, and locker.
- Establish the house rules in collaboration with the Program Manager and maintain order in the house
- Send weekly house management report to the Program Manager
- Log all facility management issues appropriately and escalate any requests for repairs within four hours of discovery
- Monitor all movement in the home ensuring only authorized persons are in the home area; all unauthorized persons are to be escorted back to the office or reception
- Conduct daily walkthroughs to ensure cleanliness, safety, and security of the environment.
- Monitor Usage of household item and food supplies, ensuring adequate supplies for the number of clients in residence
- Institute processes (schedules, timetables etc.) for home management to ensure all functions (cooking, cleaning, laundry, washing, etc.) can be conducted in an efficient and effective manner
- Conduct daily group devotions (prayer and Bible study) which are compulsory for all residents
- Ensure clients strictly observe timetable as set by the Case Worker and Admin Coordinator
- Send a daily shift report to the social worker on client behavior during the shift
- Report all incidents of abuse/neglect/bullying or any negative behavior that impacts the welfare of other clients to the case manager immediately, and log in shift report
- Supervise client daily chores
- Provide a supportive and encouraging environment for the Clients
- Encourage Clients to take responsibility for their current situation and to make good choices for the future.
- Distribute household chores among the clients fairly and equitably
- Conduct daily room inspections to ensure cleanliness and ad hoc locker inspections (with a member of security and program staff) for contraband (phone, money, food items, electronics, etc.)
- Manage client phone and ensure appropriate and fair use of phone
- Maintain phone log
- Maintain safe custody of clients’ personal items (items brought to the home that clients are not allowed to keep)
- Organize birthday and holiday celebrations for clients
- Resolve disputes among clients and facilitate conflict management
- Respond to health emergencies, performing basic first aid and taking clients to the hospital during out-of-office hours (during office hours this shall be the responsibility of the case manager)
- Ensure adequate documentation and Program Manager/Director’s signature on exit clearance form before initiating exit processing.
- Ensure client residential area is clear of all belongings i.e. locker is clear, and that assigned program items have been returned
- Return client possessions, ensuring clients review contents and sign to acknowledge receipt of their items previously kept in storage.
- Support in monitoring client’s rehabilitation progress
- Maintain client confidentiality
- Make recommendations to Program staff (Admin, case manager, program director) on client welfare and/or house management
- Assist with completion of necessary reports as requested.
- Degree in Nursing
- Knowledge of Christian doctrine and values,
- Knowledge of Household management, Computer literacy,
- Counselling skills
- Teaching skills
- Able to Manage Conflicts
- People management skills
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience
- Experience with delinquents, troubled children
- Exposure to victims of violence and/or abuse, drug addicts, etc.
- Computer literacy (Basic MS Office suite).
Job Title: Social Worker/Counsellor
- Counsel clients in individual or group sessions to assist them in dealing with substance abuse, mental or physical illness.
- Monitor, evaluate, and record client progress with respect to treatment goals.
- Interview clients, review records, conduct assessments, or confer with other professionals to evaluate the mental or physical condition of clients or patients.
- Collaborate with counsellors, physicians, or nurses to plan or coordinate treatment, drawing on social work experience and patient needs.
- Counsel or aid family members to assist them in understanding, dealing with, or supporting the client or patient.
- Refer patient, client, or family to community resources for housing or treatment to assist in recovery from mental or physical illness, following through to ensure service efficacy.
- Educate clients or community members about mental or physical illness, abuse, medication, or available community resources. Lead classes or community events
- Assist clients in adhering to treatment plans, such as setting up appointments, arranging for transportation to appointments, or providing support.
- Plan or conduct programs to prevent substance abuse, combat social problems, or improve health or counselling services in community.
- Supervise or direct other workers who provide services to clients or patients.
- Develop or advise on social policy or assist in community development.
- At least 3 years work experience in a similar role
- B.Sc in Social Works, Masters is an added advantage
- Good verbal communication skills
- Professional yet friendly attitude
- Able to work in a team
- Ability to solve problem with minimal guidance.
- Competence with Windows software applications (skills: MS Word, Excel, Power Point)
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and Motivation Letters to: [email protected]
Application Deadline 6th April, 2018.