Fresh Job Opportunity At DHL
At Deutsche Post DHL, people mean the world to us. That’s why our goal has always been to attract and retain the best talent the world over. We provide challenge and opportunity for personal and professional development. We recognize the difference you bring to our business, and together we share the pride of building THE logistics company for the world.
At Global Business Services (GBS), we are the internal Deutsche Post DHL services division that provides support services to all Group divisions. We cluster key services functions such as Finance, IT, Consulting, Legal, Risk & Insurance, Procurement, Real Estate and Human Resources and employ approximately 20,000 staff across five continents. The GBS advantage lies in leveraging the internal cross functional professionals who understand core logistics business and enable business units to have more time to focus on core operations.
Category Manager West Africa
As part of the Sub-Sahara Africa Procurement team, you will contribute value to the business by managing all procurement activities in Sub-Sahara Africa, by ensuring satisfaction of your Business Partners through development of ‘best in class’ procurement sourcing strategies and delivery of robust cost savings.
We are therefore looking to recruit a Category Manager based in Lagos, Nigeria.
- Develop and maintain thorough knowledge of relevant supply markets;
- Establish close contact with business units to ensure actual and future knowledge of internal demand and service quality;
- Manage and achieve benefits in the category, ensuring transparency of costs to track benefits;
- Implement corporate or regional sourcing strategies;
- Develop and deliver local category specific procurement strategies and initiatives;
- Anticipate organisational and market evolution and adapt sourcing strategies according to changes;
- Prepare and lead supplier negotiations;
- Ensure effective implementation and roll-out of corporate and regional contracts in cooperation with corporate and regional category managers;
- Conduct supplier management according to corporate standards and provide feedback concerning suppliers to corporate category managers/head of procurement country/sub-region/ procurement manager;
- Identify and develop new capable best in class suppliers in cooperation with corporate category managers/head of procurement country/sub-region/ procurement manager;
- Track category specific project progress and benefits and report according to corporate performance management requirements and tools;
- Seek actively cross-border initiatives;
- Ensure that global DPDHL visions and values are both understood and applied within the procurement organization;
- Contribute to the cooperation between region/country and corporate sourcing;
- Communication and management of organisational change.
- Thorough understanding of procurement practices and procedures and commercial law, preferably category specific;
- University degree (preferably in business administration, finance, engineering, marketing & sales) or equivalent experience;
- Education in supply chain management would be advantageous;
- 3 years of experience in international business working in cross functional teams;
- 3-5 years of work experience in procurement;
- Proven experience of successfully negotiating complex, high value projects;
- Project management experience would be helpful;
- Fluency in English (verbal and written) is essential to cooperate with regional business units; German language skills would be advantageous;
- Personal computer software application skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills:
- Ability to communicate complex issues in a clear and simple way
- Ability to deal with ambiguous situations and different interests;
- Ability to develop and establish solid and trustworthy relationships;
- Ability to influence senior levels internally and externally.
- Good communication and coordination skills to manage relationships with country stakeholders and within corporate procurement;
- Capable to think in market mechanisms and dynamics and the ability to act upon them;
- Excellent analytical skills, logical approach to complex matters and ability of strategic thinking and planning;
- Process- and result-oriented, problem solving, decision and execution focused Understanding of intercultural differences;
- Loyalty to DPDPHL values, guiding principles and policies and personal integrity;
- Willingness to travel and work globally.
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter in English via the ‘Apply’ button.
Method of Application