Fresh Job Vacancy at Coca-Cola
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
Brand Manager – Colas (Nigeria Franchise)
- Lead the development & execution of marketing strategies & plans for the brand to maximise long-term volume & profit flow and increase the long-term value of the brand.
- Responsible for Brand P&L, accountable for delivering UC, GP, DME and Brand Contribution goals, managing the set up and day-to-day execution of brand plans, recommending and implementing corrective/adjustment actions up/downside to optimize effectiveness and ensure achievement of targets.
- Nurture an effective working relationship with Franchise/SBU supporting service units and the Bottler(s) and lead proper field execution of marketing strategies.
- Lead, motivate and develop capabilities of the Brand Team (where applicable)
- Strategic Thinking/Planning (20%) – Develop a 3-year portfolio strategy for the brand Ensure maintenance of brand equity in all initiatives; Develop and communicate the Annual Brand Plan in line with the ABP Process; Communicate and drive Strategy across the BU; Challenge all aspects of the marketing mix in terms of understanding and awareness of consumer & customer trends and their impact on brand strategy and plans; Manage brand as a business in terms of drivers, opportunities and return; Use financial insight to make principle based strategic decisions which benefit the BU; Align strategy (with all key stakeholders, including bottlers) across the BU to ensure value for the system; Guardian of the integrity of the brand/trademark; develop and maintain competitor intelligence; .
- Deliver results (45%) – Develop and manage brand team (where applicable) to support strategic direction; Establish and drive brand volume, share, and profit objectives; Anticipate situations and develop approaches that maximise the business opportunities; Integrate all marketing efforts (advertising, promotions, experiential, marketing assets…) within a consistent overall brand plan, including BU and SBU Specialist Support teams; Define marketing DME requirements and proper allocation across the Marketing mix elements; Ensure all brand strategies and plans are consistent with SBU deliverables and business objectives; Actively observe and ensure adherence to quality standards across all brand initiatives across the Franchise; Ensure advertising executions meet agreed success criteria across BU/SBU; Provide support to countries/territories/clusters (where applicable) in planning & implementation; apply all agreed KO Marketing Process and Procedures; tactical plans are developed and monitored for delivery against strategy; marketing plans implemented, monitored and evaluated in line with Brand Plan; Tracks and analyses brand performance and initiatives.
- System Alignment (25%) – Build Bottler commitment to the annual marketing plan covering consumer and operational marketing objectives; Develop with the Bottler, through marketing operations teams, an effective implementation plan for all marketing activities; Implement appropriate tracking procedures to ensure proper execution of these activities; Monitor plan execution in consistency with TCCC standards; Ensure seamless consumer marketing information flow within the system (from/to Bottler and within TCCC departments).b
- Talent development (10%) – Conduct audit on marketing personnel against agreed role descriptions and competencies; Build skills within the brand team in all areas of the Marketing Mix driven off an RGM planning mindset & integrated BPPC execution.
- Accountable for Brand P&L
- Brand totals for: Unit cases, Gross Profit, DME, Brand Contribution
- Brand health measures
ORGANIZATION IMPACT/ INFLUENCE:
- (BU) Brand Manager: Marketing Director, BU Strategic Marketing Manager, BU Specialist teams, Franchise Marketing teams (where applicable), Bottler senior managers, supplier/agency mgmt. & account management, Channel marketing
- Nature and Purpose of the Interaction: Develop and align brand marketing and business strategies and plans to deliver sustainable system profit growth.
Direct Reports ( Position Titles, not names): NO
Supporting Service: Marketing Operations Teams
RELATED JOB REQUIREMENTS/ QUALIFICATIONS:
- Develop Brand Plan
- Maintain Brand Essentials
- Develop and Implement Promotional Activities
- Activate Brand Mix
- Manage Brand Communication Strategy
- Secure Bottler Integration
- Manage Commercialisation Process
- Manage Research Process
- Fluent in English and French
Leadership Behaviors: Leader of Self
- Drive Innovation – Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business (encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
- Collaborate with the System, Customers and Key Stakeholders – Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
- Act Like an Owner – Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders.
- Inspire Others – Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible
- Develop Self and Others – Develop self and support others’ development to achieve full potential
6 years brand marketing experience in a FMCG environment.
Has worked most of his/her career in a collaborative working situation, in which different viewpoints from a range of stakeholders needed to be taken into account to arrive at a productive solution.
- Business issues (full spectrum) – brand level across markets in geography
- People issues (full spectrum)
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Significant travel may be required
Method of Application
To apply, click here