ARM Life is the insurance subsidiary of Asset & Resource Management Company Ltd (ARM). Its parent company, ARM is one of the largest non-bank financial services firms in Nigeria with a focus on asset management. Established in 1994, ARM started operations as a traditional asset management company specialising in the management of quoted equities and fixed income securities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Internal Control
- The Officer will be responsible for reviewing, testing and reporting on the state of the Group’s processes and control activities, as well as level of compliance with internal policies and business practices.
- The Officer would also recommend improvements to the Group’s control environment.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and supervise the execution of the unit’s monitoring activities including the preparation and execution of a control review plan, scheduling and assigning work and estimating resource needs.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports on results of reviews conducted by Internal Control.
- Officers (ICOs) and provide same to Business Managers and other stakeholders, including Risk Management and Internal Audit.
- Report to Senior Management, and the Board Audit Committee as required, on the status of internal control and risk management compliance across the Group, highlighting key weaknesses in the Company’s Internal Control Environment and proffer recommendations for improvement.
- Support implementation of business applications, initiatives and new processes in a manner that ensures quality of data transferred and adequacy of overall control environment upon adoption.
- Review of the adequacy of current controls in each area vis-à-vis leading practices and work collaboratively with Business/Unit Heads to implement identified gaps.
- Along with the Internal Audit Unit, participate in Risk & Control Self-Assessment Workshops and provide objective assessment of key controls.
- Continuous review and development of Internal Control policies, ensuring continued relevance to the Company’s operating environment.
- Escalate instances of persistent control issues to Senior Management
- Where control deficiencies exist, develop risk mitigation and remediation plans and communicate the remediation plan with the responsible process owners.
- Liaise with process owners and business managers to ensure the timely implementation of remedial actions to address identified exceptions
- Escalate instances of persistent instances of persistent control issues to senior management
- Perform special investigations when necessary to safeguard firm assets (e.g., fraud).
- Implement a methodology for consistent identification, monitoring and reporting of ‘red flag’ areas within the firm’s operations
- Ensure the reporting of identified operational risk events via the OpRisk Manager by ICOs
- Ensure compliance with existing policies and procedures, identifying & proposing modifications as needed.
- Provide training to Employees on appropriate control activities
- Provide oversight of monitoring activities performed by the ICOs
- Institute efficient staff deployment strategies that aligns staff quality with the risk rating of the units within the scope of the Internal Control Unit’s monitoring activities
- Ensure appropriate training, orientation and development of ICOs
- Conduct any reviews or tasks requested by Management
- Knowledge of the local and global financial service industry, including regulations, legislations and operating environment.
- Knowledge of financial market operations.
- Understanding of non-bank financial service operations, policies and procedures.
- Good financial accounting and reporting skills.
- Audit, fraud assessment and internal control – investigation & review skills
- Anti-Money Laundering skills
- Experience with automated financial systems, including a general ledger and financial reporting software
- Good knowledge of MS Excel as an analytical tool and other MS Office Applications, including macro driven processes
- Assertive, and possesses ability to inspire and drive team performance
- Team player
- Good communication skills (oral & written)
- Problem solving and analytical abilities
- Integrity and good decision-making ability.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- The pursuit to constantly improve current processes and procedures
- Good interpersonal, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Self motivated with a strong drive, and commitment to achieving agreed objectives.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines while performing multiple detail-oriented tasks
- Ability to coach and groom team members
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or finance-related discipline
- ACA qualification or its equivalent
- 7 – 10 years of accounting, audit or related experience
Job Title: Head, Business Solution Development
Job Type: Full-Time
- Manage delivery and support of IT solutions through specialized and integrated enterprise solutions and applications, to deliver on the IT Strategy, governance frameworks and overall architecture, and where required, ensuring adherence to any legislative and regulatory requirements.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the successful completion of all work assigned to the unit
- Proactively liaise with business users to: understand business requirements for business applications, identify and evaluate the technical options for satisfying business requirements based on functionality, understand quality requirements, manage and report cost.
- Supervise the translation of change initiatives or business/user requirements into application systems delivery
- Support the articulation of user requirements in the context of business objectives through establishing and maintaining dialogue with users
- Design the quality assurance approach, framework, process, tools and education to achieve a consistent level of delivery
- Develop and maintain testing standards, procedures, and guidelines to ensure consistent testing procedures
- Manage the implementation and support of the organization’s application systems and hand-over/transfer of IS solutions to operational status
- Promote discipline across the project portfolio by ensuring adoption of project management, business change management, reporting and risk management frameworks and tools
- Monitor value metrics to assess potential for integrated solutions and to make informed decisions that maximize returns for ARMP
- Assess the costs and benefits for different solutions and recommend / decide on appropriate designs to maximize ROI
- Maintain productive relationships with key suppliers/vendors to ensure adherence to SLAs and the sustainability of services in the long term
- Minimum – B.Sc, B.Tech, HND, M.Sc, MBA
Preferred Years of Experience:
- 4 – 12 year(s)
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 20th April, 2018.