(Job Number: OPE02HR0)
Transcorp Hilton Abuja
1 Aguiyi Ironsi Street Maitama
A Gardener with Hilton Hotels and Resorts is responsible for planting, clearing, and mowing the property to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience.
What will it be like to work for this Hilton Worldwide Brand?
One of the most recognized names in the industry, Hilton Hotels & Resorts offers travelers a world of authentic experiences. The brand continues to be the innovative, forward-thinking global leader of hospitality. With products and services that meet the needs of tomorrow’s savvy global travelers, we shape experiences in which every Guest feels cared for, valued, and respected.
If you understand the importance of upholding a brand’s reputation and value the effort it takes to provide a globally recognized hospitality experience, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member with Hilton Hotels & Resorts. Because it’s with Hilton Hotels & Resorts where we promise an exceptional Guest experience every time.
What will I be doing?
As a Gardener, you are responsible for planting, clearing, and mowing the property to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Gardener would also be required to ensure the lawns, trees, and hedges are kept to the required standard. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Plant seeds and maintain for maximum growth
- Ensure lawn is well kept and mowed regularly
- Ensure trees and hedges are trimmed to the required standard
- Apply pesticides in a safe manner
- Ensure leaves are cleared from the pathway
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned
- Ensure monthly safety inspections take place
What are we looking for?
A Gardener serving Hilton Worldwide Brand hotels and vacations are always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Candidate must have a minimum of SSCE or Trade Test Certificate.
- Minimum of three (3) years working experience in similar role.
- Ability to operate garden equipment.It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work on their own
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement. As an employee you will become a member of The Hilton Club which provides reduced hotel room rates in our hotels worldwide, plus discounts on products and services offered by Hilton Worldwide and its partners. We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton Worldwide. We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton Worldwide.
Learn more now about Hilton Hotels & Resorts — the global leader of hospitality.
More than 500 locations and nearly 200,000 rooms across six continents
Innovations include: pioneering the airport hotel concept, becoming the first coast-to-coast hotel chain in the US, and the first to install televisions in Guest Rooms
Flagship brand of Hilton Worldwide with properties in more than 77 countries
More than 70 world-class resorts and more nearly 200 full-service spas
Harris Poll EquiTrend®, Brand of the Year – Full Service Hotel for 2010 and 2011
Number one global brand awareness in the hospitality industry